Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New biometric card

New biometric card

Old Feb 24th 2021, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New biometric card

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Yeh, amazing people have to rely on cr@p companies like Fartbook to live!
How did we ever manage without it?
Old Feb 25th 2021, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by philat98
Did you send a PEC? How long before they have to respond to a PEC message?
Oh dear, do I need to have a PEC? I haven't got one - never needed one up to now, I'll have to see how to go about getting one. Meanwhile, can't they reply without one, not even to tell me I need one?

PS - I've now contacted IOM and they confirm that the Questura may well not have received my message because it didn't come from a PEC. So now another rottura di c*****ni ! In addition, due to understaffing, the Q may take 10-15 days to reply. I'll have to find other ways...

Last edited by jonwel; Feb 25th 2021 at 2:13 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonwel
Oh dear, do I need to have a PEC? I haven't got one - never needed one up to now, I'll have to see how to go about getting one. Meanwhile, can't they reply without one, not even to tell me I need one?
The address you gave looks like a Pec. Their computer system might discard non Pec mesages. I have a Poste Pec. €12 for 3 years. It takes a while to set up.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

A PEC address will 'normally' accept non-PEC emails, but it can also be set up to reject them. However, in this last case it is normal to send a rejection message to the originator. PEC is worth having, in my opinion, for anybody. The cost is really low, and all emails sent through PEC have the legal status of a letter 'Raccomandato AR'. In my experience it was very easy to set up, but I already had email services through Aruba, who then just added a PEC address.

Because of the legal status of PEC mails it is very much beloved of the Public Administration and I would expect to see it getting used more and more as the years go by. Incidentally, Italy is one of only 3 or 4 countries in the world to have any form of legally-certified email ...
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Im legally required to have a PEC, but they save you a fortune on raccomandate. Every time you want tell TIM, ENEL or the comune something, they have all the force of a legal letter, and also require a response. It also means you cant deny ever having received mail.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
I agree. Im legally required to have a PEC, but they save you a fortune on raccomandate. Every time you want tell TIM, ENEL or the comune something, they have all the force of a legal letter, and also require a response. It also means you cant deny ever having received mail.
... in fact it's better than a Raccomandata, because a Raccomandata only certifies that something was sent and received, whereas a PEC preserves and guarantees exactly what the content was (i.e. the email itself and all attachments)
Old Feb 27th 2021, 8:49 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

The article about the difficulties faced while awaiting the biometric card is in Italian, but the comment section is in Engllish.

https://www.repubblica.it/londra/202...xit-289373653/

Old Feb 27th 2021, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

The British Embassy in Rome and the IOM are holding an online Q & A session on 4th March. Here is the text of their message for those that are interested and have not seen it yet:
The British Embassy Rome with the participation of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is hosting a live Q & A session on Thursday 4 March between 17:30 – 18:30. During this time you can post a question and our panel will try to answer as many questions as possible during the live session. After the event we’ll publish some information in response to those questions we didn’t have time to answer.
To connect to the live session, open our Facebook page on 4 March at 17:30 and watch the live video in the posts section.
Please note that this event is targeted at UK nationals who were lawfully living in Italy before 1 January 2021 and are covered by the Withdrawal Agreement. The session is focused on the new biometric residency card which is available to UK nationals who were living in Italy before 1 January 2021. We will only be answering questions related to the new card.
If you have a question about the Covid-19 pandemic including measures Italy has in place, please consult our Travel Advice page on https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy
If you have a question about moving to settle in Italy in the future please check the Entry Requirements section of our Travel advice page and the Italian Consulate in London’s website.

To help us answer as many questions as possible during the live session please submit short, single questions only.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards

British Embassy Rome
Old Feb 27th 2021, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Plan B
The British Embassy in Rome and the IOM are holding an online Q & A session on 4th March. Here is the text of their message for those that are interested and have not seen it yet:
There will be many pictures of laughing pensioners enjoying the dolce vita to pacify the angry mob.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Thanks a lot to all those who have given me information about the PEC. However, it did occur to me too, that if a message is rejected I should get an "undelivered" notification. I haven't got one, so if they're taking a long time to reply it's more likely to be through understaffing and I'll just have to wait.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks a lot to all those who have given me information about the PEC. However, it did occur to me too, that if a message is rejected I should get an "undelivered" notification. I haven't got one, so if they're taking a long time to reply it's more likely to be through understaffing and I'll just have to wait.
There are various possibilities. It looks like it can be rejected by the mailbox, forwarded to a non PEC address at the same site or ignored. Did you look in your spam box to see if the mail was rejected?
https://www.laleggepertutti.it/36184...ale-ad-una-pec
Old Mar 4th 2021, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now that the UK is breaking agreements with the EU it makes me think that Italy could decide to ditch this Biometric card. The administrative cost must be quite substantial.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately anything the UK does over agreements can be no worse than the EU disregard for agreements by invoking Article 16 of NI protocol
Old Mar 4th 2021, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

Don't agree. Yes, the Commission made a bad mistake in threatening to invoke Art 16 but very quickly backed down and acknowledged the mistake. The UK Government, by contrast, is quite unapologetic about breaking a very recent binding agreement, and doing so in circumstances where the EU would very probably have agreed to the Government's proposals if it had been properly consulted as it should have been. The relationship needs to improve quickly; but unfortunately Johnson and co continue to see short-term political gains from appearing to act tough
Old Mar 4th 2021, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
Don't agree. Yes, the Commission made a bad mistake in threatening to invoke Art 16 but very quickly backed down and acknowledged the mistake. The UK Government, by contrast, is quite unapologetic about breaking a very recent binding agreement, and doing so in circumstances where the EU would very probably have agreed to the Government's proposals if it had been properly consulted as it should have been. The relationship needs to improve quickly; but unfortunately Johnson and co continue to see short-term political gains from appearing to act tough
I would agree most of this, but there was no apology from the EU and no acknowledgment of their massive failure and mistake. Give the upper hand to Bozo and Co. the result is obvious. I'm a big EU fan despite their cr@p record, but if they continue like they (and the UK) are we will have major, major problems on a scale not seen since 1933... ish!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.