Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New biometric card

New biometric card

Old Jan 15th 2021, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New biometric card

I know the feeling Lorna - especially the Yorksheeer - where the dog comes from...... Usually followed by... where is that? Between London and Scotland.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 7:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
I know the feeling Lorna - especially the Yorksheeer - where the dog comes from...... Usually followed by... where is that? Between London and Scotland.

My son has suddenly got a new English Professoressa. Nobody knows what has happened to the previous one but he was shite anyway so no loss. The class pain in the arse said, "do you know Miss that Alex is English?" New Prof asked Alex why he hadn't said anything and why hadn't she been informed? Alex replied that he didn't know he had to say anything seeing as his mum is English not him and his classmate should mind his own business anyway. Teacher asked where mum is from. To avoid saying Yorksheeer, Alex just said 'near Manchester.' Prof said, "oohhh I've never been to London." I think that's when Alex turned off the volume. New prof has had three lessons with the class so far. She has yet to speak any English.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
It is an EU wide document for all British citizens. It is intended to make our life simpler. It last 5 or 10 years according to your residency status. What is the problem?
It may be intended to make our life simpler but it costs 43 Euros and a morning's work to obtain: what's wrong with an Italian ID card with your place of residence on it? Has any UK citizen with an Italian ID card and no WA form been refused entry yet? The good news(for me!) is that the wording suggests it's voluntary. When they make things simpler here it makes life harder. For instance since electronic invoicing was introduced to be able to deduct my petrol costs I have to give the pump attendant three different numbers (Codice fiscale, VAT Reg. no. and now the codice univoco) + my car registration number - absurd!

Last edited by nicktonight; Jan 15th 2021 at 12:00 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Brexit is a gift for Italian bureaucracy. They can sell plenty of those bolletini. There was a woman speaking on the BBC Radio who wanted to import a horse into Italy. First she had to take the horse to a vet in UK , get a valuation, and then another vet in France for a health check and then she needed more forms for the lorry to enter Italy. The whole thing became impossible.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=philat98;12959322]They can sell plenty of those bolletini. /QUOTE] True! They must make a fortune out of these bolletini. With savings accounts for instance the "imposta di bollo" can easily be a lot more now than the annual interest payment so its a good idea to close them. Yesterday a French company that is having a "controle fiscale" asked me to send them a tax residence certificate for the 3 years I did some work for them. Total cost of the bolletini for something that should be completely free was almost €150.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Nick tonight
IF you enter the Schengen area without your biometric card /WA attestation on your UK passport then your passport MUST be stamped and you will have 90 days before you have to leave
There is an EU computer system coming online to check on 90 dayers
TBH as the biometric card is an EU recognised document then I suspect that this will be the only thing that will be accepted as proof of your residency in the not too distant future and I believe that to renew your Tessera Sanitaria you will need the biometric card
If you want to make life difficult for yourself you carry on but do not expect any sympathy from the Italian bureaucracy
Old Jan 17th 2021, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Listen Very Carefully;12959404]Nick tonight
IF you enter the Schengen area without your biometric card /WA attestation on your UK passport then your passport MUST be stamped and you will have 90 days before you have to leave
There is an EU computer system coming online to check on 90 dayers
QUOTE]
I agree that your passport should be stamped but why do you have to leave if you are in a country that has given you right of residence - I assume we are talking about people like us? And by whom would that be enforced?
​​​​

Last edited by jiminalpago; Jan 17th 2021 at 9:56 am.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

dubster is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I had my appointement at the questura do get my fingers dusted... they informed me there is still no process in place for receiving the card so how long it will take is anybody's guess
Old Feb 7th 2021, 2:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubster
Well I had my appointement at the questura do get my fingers dusted... they informed me there is still no process in place for receiving the card so how long it will take is anybody's guess
I'm still seeing reports that some want a Bollo, others don't. NONE of them should be asking for it. Some want every frigging document that you have including proof of work/funds etc, proof that they should NOT be asking for because if you never had those, you wouldn't have got residency in the first place. It is NOT a new residency requirement but just an extra thing to prove we are all legal here.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

"britsinitaly" are suggesting it's better to get a move on for this card. Here in Milan I'. trying to get an appointment through thei Milan Questura's "Prenotafacile" platform, which doesn't seem to be very penetrable.

https://questure.poliziadistato.it/i...2efc1191614101

But on a smaller point: nicktonight mentions a fee of €46, while the ministry's Vademedum says it costs €30.46. Clarifications, anyone?
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Ruby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks as if nicktonight’s fee of €46 combines a €30.46 bollettino with a €16 bollo. But as Lorna says, the bollo is not required.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ruby2
It looks as if nicktonight’s fee of €46 combines a €30.46 bollettino with a €16 bollo. But as Lorna says, the bollo is not required.
Ah, that seems a likely explanation - thanks.

I phoned the Questura in Milan and they gave me a dedicated email address to contact: [email protected]
That might be of help to other Brits in Milan. However, I wrote to that address 2 days ago saying I was a Brit and resident in Milan and how should I proceed in order to get this card, but I haven't had a reply yet. I would have expected a standard reply, which could surely have been sent immediately. But there we are, I'll see what happens in the next day or two
Old Feb 24th 2021, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you send a PEC? How long before they have to respond to a PEC message?
Old Feb 24th 2021, 5:44 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

FYI.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...04011189669784
Old Feb 24th 2021, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, amazing people have to rely on cr@p companies like Fartbook to live!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.