Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New biometric card

New biometric card

Old Aug 26th 2021, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Walton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New biometric card

Is there a rush to get this done or something.....my understanding is that it’s not obligatory or am I missing something.....maybe more useful for people traveling back and forth to the UK
Old Aug 27th 2021, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Hi Walton - my rush was because we are visiting the UK in early September and wanted to have all documents and cards in place.
Old Sep 1st 2021, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Well we went to the Questura office yesterday to pick up our cards but were thwarted! They wanted the receipts we were given when we first applied five months ago but I hadn't brought them - no receipts, no cards. I have had to email them to make a new appointment. Quite cross really as we were not told to bring any specific documents with us, unlike when we applied and received a list of things to bring. The officer was quite sympathetic but no budging him.
Old Sep 1st 2021, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lugsbug
Well we went to the Questura office yesterday to pick up our cards but were thwarted! They wanted the receipts we were given when we first applied five months ago but I hadn't brought them - no receipts, no cards. I have had to email them to make a new appointment. Quite cross really as we were not told to bring any specific documents with us, unlike when we applied and received a list of things to bring. The officer was quite sympathetic but no budging him.
The Italians are masters of bureaucracy. Probably they had a copy of the receipts in the Questura.

Last edited by philat98; Sep 1st 2021 at 7:49 am.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Got an email back with new appointments but they are whilst we are away - I did give them the dates! We are travelling back to the UK tomorrow - decided if we didn't do it now, we might face even more difficulties in the future
Old Sep 7th 2021, 3:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

This is how stupid things work -------- or don't.
I rang my immigration office today and said ------- your web page says my new card is ready. It also says I'd get an SMS. It's been over two weeks and I never got an SMS.

"Please send an email to the immigration office asking for an appointment."

- But I'm on the phone right now. Can't I just get an appointment?

"Please send an email Signora."

- I'm talking to you. Can't you just give me an appointment?

"Please send an email Signora to: immigraione@ Vicenza. polizia di stato ..........
Old Sep 9th 2021, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Went to pick up cards yesterday - no hitches this time (although we both look like criminals on the photo ID )
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:36 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lugsbug
Went to pick up cards yesterday - no hitches this time (although we both look like criminals on the photo ID )

Good news for you. Two emails sent to my questura for a pick up appointment and no reply.
I'll ring tomorrow and when "idiot" tells me to email I will say that I have, TWICE.
Old Oct 5th 2021, 12:57 pm

Picked my new card up today. Why did I think it was going to be orangey/gold in colour? Why did they make it almost an identical colour to the electronic ID card?
Why does it say: Carta di Soggiorno Permanente / Permanent Residence Card ........ but it expires in 2031?

Lady Questura at the sportello asked me to hand over my old P di S.
- Haven't got it.
You must have. Is this your first permesso?
- It's my first Brexit card/permesso.
Where's your old permesso?
- The comune took it off me when they gave me permanent residence back in something like 2007.
Whatever. I can see this is your first request for the carta di soggiorno.
I wanted to say, "of course it bloody is lady - how long ago did you think Brexit happened?"

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Oct 5th 2021 at 1:02 pm.