Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New biometric card

New biometric card

Old Jul 21st 2021, 7:40 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New biometric card

Originally Posted by Lugsbug
Hello! Has anyone got their card yet? We applied on 29 March and still not heard. I sent an email to the questura last week to see if they had any update but I've not had a reply.
I was given a code to use, have to click on pemesso di soggiorno on the questura's website. When it says 'ready' I have to email them to ask for an appointment to go and pick up the card in person.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Hello! Has anyone got their card yet? We applied on 29 March and still not heard. I sent an email to the questura last week to see if they had any update but I've not had a reply.
It looks as though something has gone wrong.
I had the ,(Belluno) Questura appointment on June 22nd, was told the card would be available in one month, was rung by the Questura on Monday and collected card yesterday.
I suggest email the Questura if you can't phone or visit.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

My own experience was a combination of the above responses. I had been told it would take 6 weeks and that I would be told when it was ready to collect: time passed and unsurprisingly nothing happened so I checked my "pratica" number on the questura's site which showed it was ready. They didn't respond to my PEC so telephoned and was told that "yes, it was ready for collection". Perhaps I should have just turned up as soon as I saw on the questura's site that my pratica was ready.
However, the rendering of my picture on the card is the least flattering ever and makes looks like a hardened criminal's mug-shot.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Plan B
However, the rendering of my picture on the card is the least flattering ever and makes looks like a hardened criminal's mug-shot.
Know what you mean! Thank God for masks!
Old Aug 20th 2021, 9:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Two days ago this page had a fat, red cross on it. Now it's green. Haven't received any SMS message but it looks like another trip to the big, bad city is imminent.

Old Aug 20th 2021, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Two days ago this page had a fat, red cross on it. Now it's green. Haven't received any SMS message but it looks like another trip to the big, bad city is imminent.

The Poste are not at their best in the summer holiday week.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by philat98
The Poste are not at their best in the summer holiday week.
The Poste? This is from the questura.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

We finally had an email from the Questura to say our cards were ready, followed by the SMS messages. I'm very relieved as I thought we'd fallen into a black hole with no replies to numerous emails and not having the 10/12 number code to check online.. We go to collect on 31 August and looking forward to a train trip
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 9:42 am

We finally had an email from the Questura to say our cards were ready, followed by the SMS messages. I'm very relieved as I thought we'd fallen into a black hole with no replies to numerous emails and not having the 10/12 number code to check online.. We go to collect on 31 August and looking forward to a train trip
Good news for you.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from the Questura to say that my wife and I needed to go back for new mugshots. When we turned up I was handed my card; and she wasn't photographed but fingerprinted again. In fact not just fingerprints were taken but also palm prints. All very odd
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from the Questura to say that my wife and I needed to go back for new mugshots. When we turned up I was handed my card; and she wasn't photographed but fingerprinted again. In fact not just fingerprints were taken but also palm prints. All very odd
Odd that it should happen to only one of you. We both had to go back to redo fingerprints; also palm prints the second time. Very efficient and friendly. Still haven't got the cards yet, though ...
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
Sounds weird. Who took the original photos? My questura didn't. I had to turn up with my photos already done and handed them over with everything else. They were more interested in the bollettino proving payment and then two of them spent 15 minutes pouring over my horrible new, blue passport, page for page. I was beginning to think there was a huge problem with it and then realised that they might not have seen one before.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

We provided our own photos, which turned out to be fine. The problem was with the gadget at the Questura for recording fingerprints. I suspect that the one my wife used was so smeared with antiviral gel that it wasn't working properly. Either that or she's worked her fingers so near to the bone looking after me that there are few whorls left. You choose
Old Aug 24th 2021, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

I waited 2 or 3 weeks for an SMS message after the website said my permesso di soggiorno was ready. My emails requesting when to pick it up went unanswered so I phoned and was told " sure, it's ready; just come along and collect it".
Old Aug 26th 2021, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Plan B
I waited 2 or 3 weeks for an SMS message after the website said my permesso di soggiorno was ready. My emails requesting when to pick it up went unanswered so I phoned and was told " sure, it's ready; just come along and collect it".
I still haven't received an SMS but on Saturday I'm going to stay with a friend at the seaside for a few days so I won't bother calling the questura until I get back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.