Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New biometric card

New biometric card

Old Apr 21st 2021, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New biometric card

Here in Milan I finally received an email a few weeks ago after I'd set up a PEC. My appointment is 11 June.
In the email they pointed out that the tessera is not obligatory, so I was doing something voluntary. Going by this, those who are worried about not having one yet can relax, as long as they've got the attestato di soggiorno permanente (paper document). However, while there's no deadline and no obligation, I suggest people do get it, because we'll have more and more offices or authorities wanting it.

By the way, I've now got my SPID. It's great and makes it much easier to enter the sites of INPS or the regional health authority.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonwel
By the way, I've now got my SPID. It's great and makes it much easier to enter the sites of INPS or the regional health authority.
Out of curiosity, which agency or organisation did you use to get your SPID?
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

I visited the Treviso Questura yesterday to lodge my request for the electronic ID card. Took just over an hour, very pleasant and helpful staff, including two from the I.O.M. in attendance. Now waiting to be called back to collect the card in about six weeks time (fingers crossed). They already had a fairly thick file of other Brexit candidates.

Last edited by Plan B; Apr 22nd 2021 at 9:54 am. Reason: Additional sentence.
Old May 7th 2021, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clear up any bad impressions I may have given above about getting my biometric card here in Palermo. I asked for a new appointment at the Questura saying that I didn't attend my first appointment for the reasons given in my previous post. This time I was ushered into the main entrance and immediately seen by someone 10 minutes before my appointment time and everything sorted out for a 10 year CdS in another 10 minutes even though I had no WA attestazione (I have a residence certificate and ID card). I will have to go back for this ("like a Bancomat without the money" - NB not my joke) in about 25 days and they give you a tracking number to check that it is issued.
Some tips if anyone reading this still has to go - use a PEC to make an appointment as a lot of other email addresses don't get through - ask to wait before you leave and get them to check that your fingerprints (right and left index fingers) are OK as people are sometimes asked to come back to do them again. Use a bolletino precompilato to pay - these have a barcode on them.
Old May 7th 2021, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Plan B
FYI, I used the Lepida free system online. You record a 90 second video reading out and showing your TS and ID. Also they send you by sms a confirmation code in real time which you read out on the video and also reference in a bonifico you have to deposit for the local fire service,(IIRC) for a nominal amount such a one centesimo.
Old May 12th 2021, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Solarcower is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my biometric card today here in Vicenza. All the appointments were made by my workplace, so I can't comment on the organisation of it, but apart from some minor (for Italy) issues (I had major issues with the fingerprint process and they forgot to ask for a copy of my passport, so I had to send it at a later date; however, it didn't hold up the card) everything worked itself out in 6 weeks. They said to keep checking with the email on the receipt to see if it was ready, but in the end I got an SMS saying when to come and what to bring. Took about 10 mins to pick it up. The card says 'Permanent Residence Card' on it (for those with permanent residency) and it looks like a pretty secure card.

That's one thing out of the way...
Old May 15th 2021, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all. We've got our appointments comng up for the Brexit carta; and there are a couple of points on the application form that I'd be grateful for advce on, so as not to mess up and have to go back again. First, on the form it asks for date of entry into Italy. Does this mean date of original entry (i.e. 15 plus years ago in our case) or most recent entry freturning from a trip abroad? Or doesn't it matter?
Second, is the only way to pay the fee by doing it over the Post Office counter? It would be nice if it could be done by bonifico!
Old May 17th 2021, 6:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

THE date of entry is when you first came here ...... or when you were officially registered as resident. I arrived in 1990 but nobody knew I was here until 1991 so I won't be putting 1990 on my application.

I can only see payment by bollettino.
Old May 18th 2021, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Plan B
Apologies to Plan B for not replying to a question nearly a month ago! Shows I've really neglected this forum.
If it's still useful, the answer to your question is that I got the Spid through the post office. Not difficult if you're careful enough not to make silly mistakes (unlike me, which cost me an extra day!).

Last edited by jonwel; May 18th 2021 at 4:01 pm.
Old May 22nd 2021, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks jonwel.
Old Jun 4th 2021, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all! I'm in doubt about what to write on the bollettino. I've found you can fill it in online, which I'm now doing, although I'm not sure about actually paying - this is apparently just a way of getting it filled in neatly. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but meanwhile I'm trying to fit in the blurb that was given in the instructions, I don't remember which site it was but I read a few weeks/months ago that you have to write "MEF DIP.TO DEL TESORO VERS. DOVUTO RILASCIO CARTA DI SOGGIORNO" for the intestazione and "importo per il rilascio della carta di soggiorno - Accordo di recesso UE/UK" for the causale.
So I'm asking those who have already got their card if it's really necessary to write all that! What did you others write? Apart from anything else I find it difficult to fit it onto the bollettino!

Thanks for any advice, I've got the appointment on Fri 11 June.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Addition to the above: in the letter from the Questura it said I had to use a bollettino TD 674. Further investigation convinced me that the above texts would come out automatically. So this morning I went to the post office, but the impiegato gave me an un-numbered form telling me I had to put in the blurb - which I had of course left at home! Luckily a female colleague at the next desk was more wide awake and typed the account number into the computer... and hey presto out came the two texts!
So that's another hurdle over. I hope everything goes OK on Friday!
Old Jun 7th 2021, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Hi jonwel, glad you got sorted. When I went to the post office for mine I was given a pre-printed form but the wording was slightly different to that noted by the questura. I did query this but was told it would be fine. When I got home, I took a picture of it and emailed it to the questura to confirm that they were happy with it as I didn't want to make the journey there only to be told it was wrong. They kindly replied to say it was fine which put my mind at rest. Still waiting for the cards though - we applied at the end of March so hopefully we will be contacted soon.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 11:45 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a SPID or a PEC so I decided to chance it and write to the Vicenza Questura using just a normal Gmail account. I emailed on Wednesday June 9th. I received a reply on Friday June 11th. My appointment is for July 2nd and thank goodness it's at 11.30am which gives me time to get there, avoid the early morning, horrendous traffic and find a parking place.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Hello! Has anyone got their card yet? We applied on 29 March and still not heard. I sent an email to the questura last week to see if they had any update but I've not had a reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.