Need a trustworthy building company near Lecce, Puglia

Need a trustworthy building company near Lecce, Puglia

Old Apr 11th 2022, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Antonio69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need a trustworthy building company near Lecce, Puglia

Hi all

Looking for some help if possible.

I have land in Sannicola near Gallipoli in Puglia which we want to start building a 4 bed villa on in 2024

We have a Geometra, drawings near complete but not a building company and I don't want to use any suggested by the Geometra for various reasons

I am a carpenter by trade and have been in Project and Contract management within the high end new house build construction industry for the last 15 years so will PM the project myself but, I need a trustworthy building company to carry out the works

Does anyone have a contact they can give me at all which they have good experiences with?

As a footnote, I am an Anglo/Italian that speaks Italian despite having been born and raised in the UK so there would be no barrier re the management of the project but, its a trustworthy builder that would work under contract that I need and those, you only find through experience which is why I'm trying to tap into yours!

Many thanks in advance, Antonio

Old Apr 12th 2022, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Rose68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need a trustworthy building company near Lecce, Puglia

Just wanted to say Hi to a fellow compatriot. I'm also an anglo/italian, British born and bred (ex Londoner) but I'm sorry I can't help with your request, don't live in the same region. Just a bit of advice: call a firm that others you know have already used and can trust.
Old Apr 13th 2022, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Hi Antonio,

I'm in Gallipoli! We are doing our house with the 110 incentives. It is very difficult to find anybody at the moment.
Old Apr 13th 2022, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi there and thanks for the reply!

I had to just edit this response as was unsure what the 110 incentives was and just Googled it!

What work are you actually doing?

Have you used any builders as yet or know of anyone that has at all?

So our land is only 15 minutes away from you! Interesting you moved to Gallipoli, I've ever only know it to be and Italian tourist/Italian living area, what took you there from Essex?.

Thanks, Antonio

Last edited by Antonio69; Apr 13th 2022 at 3:18 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2022, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rose68!

There are a few of us knocking about, eh!

My wife's first visit to my family in Puglia, our honeymoon, she was so shocked to hear my UK born cousins speaking perfect Pugliese then turn to her and say "hello sweetheart" in there best Palmers Green cockney!!

Take care, Antonio
Old Apr 28th 2022, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Hi Antonio,

not been on here for a while!

we are using Olivares Costruzioni, Matino. They have completely ripped out the flooring because we are putting igloos down (don't know if they're called that in English) before we lay the floor heating. They've also knocked a few internal walls down and taken all the windows out. So far no complaints as far as their work is concerned.

Left the UK when I was 18, first moved to Germany, then Milan, then Salento .... all for love - well, it was at the time!

Old Mar 16th 2024, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

sonicbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Pugliese,
I appreciate this is a very old thread, but would you mind sharing your experience with 'Olivares Costruzioni', as the building work progressed. Would you recommend them?
I've just bought a place in Marittima, a hamlet near Castro/Diso, and I'm looking for a building company based south of Lecce. We were recommended a couple of builders by local Immobiliare, but we're not convinced they are quite right...
Recommendations are everything, so if you or anyone else could recommend a decent building company based south of Lecce, I would love to hear from you.
Cheers, Rob
Old Mar 16th 2024, 4:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonicbob
Hello Pugliese,
I appreciate this is a very old thread, but would you mind sharing your experience with 'Olivares Costruzioni', as the building work progressed. Would you recommend them?
I've just bought a place in Marittima, a hamlet near Castro/Diso, and I'm looking for a building company based south of Lecce. We were recommended a couple of builders by local Immobiliare, but we're not convinced they are quite right...
Recommendations are everything, so if you or anyone else could recommend a decent building company based south of Lecce, I would love to hear from you.
Cheers, Rob
Welcome.

You are correct this is a very old thread. I suggest you open a new thread to ask for recommendations