Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Need to sell house contents

Need to sell house contents

Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice
Default Need to sell house contents

So I'm planning my move back... And whilst I'm preparing to ship quite a bit, I 'm thinking I might be better off trying to sell things before I go..TVs, furniture etc. Any tips on how to go about doing this. Or anyone in the Naples area just setting up home and interested?
Old Apr 12th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

katu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nice
Default Re: Need to sell house contents

When we moved back we couldn't give our Italian bought stuff away (large tv, fridge freezers, washing machines, all bocsh and sony etc etc), there seemed to be no outlet for second hand goods at all, but I understand that the north is different to the south so maybe you'll have more luck than us?

katu
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:31 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Ariel,
have a look at www.napoliads.com it is a military 'selling' site and I think it is all free. We are just moving into the period where we all change places so there will be loads of newcomers to Naples. It is worth a go, if you need any further advice or think I could do anything in the military community directly PM me with a list of stuff for sale and I will do what I can, although my time is also very short, only 8 weeks left in Italy
regards kenny
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Ariel,
have a look at www.napoliads.com it is a military 'selling' site and I think it is all free. We are just moving into the period where we all change places so there will be loads of newcomers to Naples. It is worth a go, if you need any further advice or think I could do anything in the military community directly PM me with a list of stuff for sale and I will do what I can, although my time is also very short, only 8 weeks left in Italy
regards kenny
Thanks a lot Kenny. I'll get a list togehter then PM you and / or put an add on the linked site. We have lots of stuff which would be great for anyone starting out.

You're going to Saudi?!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Thanks a lot Kenny. I'll get a list togehter then PM you and / or put an add on the linked site. We have lots of stuff which would be great for anyone starting out.

You're going to Saudi?!
Try the classifieds on here too.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:00 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

yep, off to Saudi for a couple of years initially starting in Jul, thankfully I can put my stuff into storage for when I come back to wherever that may be.... got back from UK yesterday with a whole heap of stuff out of the loft of our house that needs to go into storage. When you planning on leaving??
Kenny
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
yep, off to Saudi for a couple of years initially starting in Jul, thankfully I can put my stuff into storage for when I come back to wherever that may be.... got back from UK yesterday with a whole heap of stuff out of the loft of our house that needs to go into storage. When you planning on leaving??
Kenny
Well, I'm trying to arrange things in order to go asap - from May, or as soon as I find a place to live. So much to do!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

genzana is an unknown quantity at this point

The second hand market here isn't as developed as the US or UK, but people are starting to use Ebay more and more.
There's also the free site www.subito.it, and often local/free papers have free classifieds.
And there's a chain of physical shops: http://mercatini.mercatopoli.it/ at least one of which is in Naples.
Good luck!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

JohnC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Do you have a list of items or pics ?
I might be interested in smallish items that I can load into a car - TV, small electricals, mirrors. I am passing thru naples this weekend on way to furnish a place in calabria.

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
So I'm planning my move back... And whilst I'm preparing to ship quite a bit, I 'm thinking I might be better off trying to sell things before I go..TVs, furniture etc. Any tips on how to go about doing this. Or anyone in the Naples area just setting up home and interested?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnC
Hi,

Do you have a list of items or pics ?
I might be interested in smallish items that I can load into a car - TV, small electricals, mirrors. I am passing thru naples this weekend on way to furnish a place in calabria.
Sorry JohnC, I just saw this.