Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

My Italian heritage

My Italian heritage

Old Dec 10th 2019, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Italian heritage

I have finally gotten around to digging deeper into my Italian lineage. A little late at 75, but a recent heart attack added some urgency.

What I have known from the age of 12 or so is that my maternal Grandparents came to the U.S. from the little town of Casacanditella in the district of Chieti, province of Abruzzo. Having done some searching..I have acquired more information, (verifiable with information already known), through Italian records discoverable on Ancestry.com.

Now I am considering an eventual trip to Casacanditella to try and research church and municipal records, likely towards the latter part of 2020. Given the fact that my grandfather was a D'Angelo and my grandmother a Stenta...and the fact that 70 to 75% of the population of Casacanditella (approximately 1400 total population) is made up of Stentas or D'Angelos should make it confusing.

I am curious if there is anyone in this group that is located in Abruzzo who might give some guidance concerning a short term relocation there. Although, would enjoy talking Italy in general as well.

Last edited by dakota44; Dec 10th 2019 at 5:06 am.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Italian heritage

There are two D'Angelo's on the town council!
Old Dec 10th 2019, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed the site I looked at here states the Mayor is a "DAngelo", then again in our local town there were also only one or two names for everyone.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I knew there was another site, this one, that give better information. It was informtion like email address and how high the town is (432 m.s.l.m.) that made me think there was a better site. This bit about the "stranieri" living there is also often of interest in cases like this, unfortunately (or otherwise) there are no Americans, but there are a couple of Brits. What information did you want about staying?
Old Dec 10th 2019, 1:14 pm
Jpk
Just Joined

Jpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the rough

I cannot really give you precise information on Casacanditella but before flying into Italy make sure that the source of anchestry.com is not the same as Home - Antenati . This is an effort by the italian government to scan all records (in image format) of birth, death and marriage certificates up until 1806 ish. Specifically this is the register you want to take a look at Archivio di Stato di Chieti | Antenati. (here are the births fot Casacanditella from 1866 onward http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali...nditella/Nati/)
By knowing some dates of birth and otehr information you might some how manage to extrapolate some useful information. :-)

G

Last edited by Jpk; Dec 10th 2019 at 1:16 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jpk
I cannot really give you precise information on Casacanditella but before flying into Italy make sure that the source of anchestry.com is not the same as Home - Antenati . This is an effort by the italian government to scan all records (in image format) of birth, death and marriage certificates up until 1806 ish. Specifically this is the register you want to take a look at Archivio di Stato di Chieti | Antenati. (here are the births fot Casacanditella from 1866 onward Nati | Antenati)
By knowing some dates of birth and otehr information you might some how manage to extrapolate some useful information. :-)

G
Thanks for the info. Some info that I have acquired was from FamilySearch (Mormons, believe it or not) that has been very accurate so far. It pulls from here Home - Antena for Italian info and has been spot on. I just I went to Archivio di Stato di Chieti | Antenati. and Home - Antena to pull the marriage record for my grandparents and they were identical photos of the specific page in the atti de matrimonio. I will check out Nati | Antenati later today. Many thanks for the links.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
I knew there was another site, this one, that give better information. It was informtion like email address and how high the town is (432 m.s.l.m.) that made me think there was a better site. This bit about the "stranieri" living there is also often of interest in cases like this, unfortunately (or otherwise) there are no Americans, but there are a couple of Brits. What information did you want about staying?
Thanks for the links. As for staying for a period in Italy, I know I can enter for up to 90 day without a visa. So no issue there as I suspect a month would be the max. I would be interested to know about bus travel between the towns..such as cost and schedule frequency. There seem to be a number of small towns not far from Casacanditella that a visit to would not go amiss. Also bank atm access, which would require leaving Casacanditella as there is no bank there. Also, availability of health services if needed.
Considering I went to Peru in 2009 for an intended 6 months or so....and stayed 6 years learning Spanish mostly by immersion..I am adaptable.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

If you need a doctor just go to pronto soccorso at neRest hospital. you will need to queue & pay a small amount but they'll treat you good. Or go to a local GP. You should apply for a codice fiscale before going ( it can take a while). Can you not get a European ehic card?
For bus travel look up Prontobus, Dicarlo bus. Some banks atm's will accept visa but I can't be more helpful than that I'm afraid.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey D. I will make this quick because I don’t want to take your thread off topic. You crossed my mind a couple of days ago...I wondered what had happened to you...you were a BE regular. Sorry to hear about your health problems...hope you are fighting fit now.

Please don’t be a stranger. Take care of yourself.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think travelling by bus may be a little difficult, but have a look at this TUA site. Others I've not checked would be Google maps and/or Rome2Rio site. As for ATMs both Mastercard and VISA cards are accepted. I would guess both have information on the location of ATMs, last I sed one there was no charge, but that was on a UK debit card.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Indeed the site I looked at here states the Mayor is a "DAngelo", then again in our local town there were also only one or two names for everyone.
The website has some interesting infomation. It is curious that in Umbria even the smallest villages have quite a number of Romanians, Albanians and others from eastern Europe.. In my village the men have imported wives from South America.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hey D. I will make this quick because I don’t want to take your thread off topic. You crossed my mind a couple of days ago...I wondered what had happened to you...you were a BE regular. Sorry to hear about your health problems...hope you are fighting fit now.

Please don’t be a stranger. Take care of yourself.
Thanks JG. Appreciate the kind thoughts. Definitely doing better now.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hit dead ends on the Italian heritage on my maternal side. Did manage to get to 10th generation on a few lines, but the others are 3 to 5 generations with nothing more found. On the paternal side, I may need an intervention to get me to stop. Including both maternal and paternal sides, I now have 2,188 relatives in my tree. The vast majority on the paternal side, like 95% I am sure. While my surname is German, my paternal ancestors include loads of English, Irish, Welsh and Scotch . Add a bunch of French, toss in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish etc. Then find some Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, plus East European areas. I have probably left some out of that list.

One of the lines, my paternal great grandmother, Alice Adell Stockwell, opened up a series of lines that took me back more than 60 generations, right to the Roman Empire. It took loads of effort to sort through all of the data, but worth it. Fascinating stuff. I did not add siblings of direct decedents, or their partners and children. Except for a few cases where historical value was found, no uncles, aunts or cousins. If I had added all of those I would likely have 15,000 plus in the tree, which would be meaningless.

Now I need to save a lot of money because when travel is easier I will want to visit more than just Italy.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A sample of some of the surprising finds.

KING OF GWYNEDD IORWERTH "DRWYNDWN" AP OWAIN (PRINCE OF NORTH WALES) FERCH LLYWELYN DE BREWES (George's twenty-three-times-great-grandfather) was born in 1132, in Aberffraw Castle, Aberffraw, Anglesey, Wales. King became known as “drwyndwn”. He died in 1174, aged about 42. 1069.

PRINCESS JOAN FERCH LLYWELYN FAWR LORWERTH (DA 27 GENS) (BORN PLANTAGENET) (BORN PLANTAGENET) (George's twenty-three-times-great-grandmother) was born in 1188, in Coucy-lès-Eppes, Aisne, Picardie,

FERNANDO III OF CASTILLE KING OF CASTILE AND TOLEDO; KING OF LEÓN AND GALICIA HOUSE OF IVREA, OF IVREA (George's twenty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born in 1201, in Len, Leon, Castilla-Leon, Spain, to Alfonso IX (King of Leon & Galicia) of Ivrea 1183 and Berengaria I (Queen of Castile & Toledo) of Ivrea

HENRY III KING OF ENGLAND PLANTAGENET (George's twenty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born on 1 October 1207, in Winchester Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, England, to John I "Lackland" King of England Plantagenêt 1181 and Isabelle "Taillefer" D' Angoulême1182, as shown in family tree 328. He was christened in 1207, in Bermondsey, London, Middlesex, England. He was a King of England, Roi, King: 1216-1272 Duke of Aquitaine Imprisoned by nobles!. He died on 16 November 1272, aged 65, in Westminster Palace, Westminster, Middlesex, England. Henry was buried on 20 November 1272 in Westminster Abbey, Westminster, Middlesex, England.

HARALD "BLUETOOTH" (KING OF DENMARK) DE CREPON (George's twenty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born in 911, in Arque Seine Inferieure Normandy France, to Gorm "the Old" Unknown1187 and Thyra Unknown1188, as shown within family tree 293. Harald became known as “bluetooth”. He died in 987, aged about 76, in Gormshoj Jellinge Vejle Denmark. 1119.

QUEEN GYRITHE GORMSSON OLAFSDOTTIR DE MUNSÖ (George's twenty-four-times-great-grandmother) was born in 919, in Denmark, to Olof II Björnsson, Kung av Sverige Unknown1189 and Anna Ingeborg Queen of Sweden Thrandsdotter1190, as shown in family tree 330. She died in 1000, aged about 81, in Jellinge, Vejle, Denmark. Harald "bluetooth" (King of Denmark) De Crepon1118 married Queen Gyrithe Gormsson Olafsdottir De Munsö. They had one daughter: Eva Crepon

HENRY II KING OF ENGLAND, (BORN PLANTAGENET) (George's twenty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born on 5 March 1133, in Le Mans, Sarthe, Pays de la Loire, France, to Geoffrey V, Count of Anjou (born Plantagenet) 1193 and Matilda (Maud) Empress of The Holy Roman Empire1194, as shown within family tree 295. Henry was a King of England. He died in 1189, aged about 56, in Chateau de Chinon, Indre-et-Loire, Centre, France. 1125.

ELEANOR, QUEEN CONSORT OF ENGLAND AQUITAINE (George's twenty-four-times-great-grandmother) was born in 1124, in Poitiers, Poitou-Charentes, France, to Guillaume X 'le Toulousain' Ou 'le Saint' d'Aquitaine, x Duc d'Aquitaine Viii Comte De Poitou Unknown1195 and Eleanor of Châtellerault, Duchess of Aquitaine Châtellerault 1196, as shown in family tree 332. She died in 1204, aged about 80, in Mirabell Castle, Tarn-et-Garonne, Midi-Pyrenees, France. Henry II King of England, (born Plantagenet)1124, aged about 19, married Eleanor, Queen Consort Of England Aquitaine, aged about 28, in 1152. They had two children: Princess Eleanor Of England, Queen Of Castile (born Plantagenet) 1078 in 1162 John Lackland, King of England, (born Plantagenet) 1070 in 1166

ÁLMOS (ALMUS) PRINCE OF HUNGARY & DUKE OF CROATIA ÁRPÁD(HÁZI) (FÖDD АРПАД) (George's twenty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born in 1068, in Hungary. Álmos was a Duke of Croatia, Prince of Hungary. He was a Duke of Croatia, Prince of Hungary. He was a Duke of Croatia, Prince of Hungary. Álmos died in 1129, aged about 61, in Konstantine, Macedonia, Byzantine Empire. He was buried on 11 April 1137 in Székesfehérvár, Fejér, Magyarország, Hungary

JOHN I "LACKLAND" KING OF ENGLAND PLANTAGENÊT (George's twenty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born on 24 December 1166, in Kings Manor House, Beaumont Castle, Oxford, England, to Henry Ii Plantagenet1261 and Eleanor of Aquitaine 1262, as shown within family tree 307. John became known as “Lackland”. John was a Roi. He died on 19 October 1216, aged 49, in Newark Castle, Newark-on-Trent, Newark, Nottinghamshire, England. He was buried in Worcester Cathedral, Worcester, Worcestershire, England, Great Britain

ALFONSO IX (KING OF LEON & GALICIA) OF IVREA (George's twenty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born on 15 August 1171, in Zamora, Spain. He died on 24 September 1230, aged 59, in Lugo, Spain. 1184.

BERENGARIA I (QUEEN OF CASTILE & TOLEDO) OF IVREA (George's twenty-five-times-great-grandmother) was born on 1 January 1180, in Sergovia, Spain. She died on 8 November 1246, aged 66, in Burgos, Spain. Alfonso IX (King of Leon & Galicia) of Ivrea1183 married Berengaria I (Queen of Castile & Toledo) of Ivrea. They had one son: Fernando III of Castille King of Castile and Toledo; King of León and Galicia House of Ivrea, of Ivrea

OLOF II BJÖRNSSON, KING OF SWEDEN (George's twenty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born in 885, in Uppsala, Sweden, to Ingeborg Eriksdotter Bjornsson1267. He died in 964, aged about 79, in Hedeby, Midtjylland, Danmark. 1190.

ANNA INGEBORG QUEEN OF SWEDEN THRANDSDOTTER (George's twenty-five-times-great-grandmother) was born in 886, in Uppsala, Sweden, to Thrand (Þróndr Earl Of Sula - Thraud "thrand" Jarl Av Sula) Thrand1268 and Wife Of Thrand Sophia Obotrites 1269, as shown in family tree 352. She died in 934, aged about 48, in Uppsala, Sweden. Olof II Björnsson, Kung av Sverige Unknown1189 married Anna Ingeborg Queen of Sweden Thrandsdotter. They had one daughter: Queen Gyrithe Gormsson Olafsdottir De Munsö

ARTHLWYS AP ARTHFODDW KING (L) DE CEREDIGION
George's thirty-nine-times-great-grandfather) was born about 621 to Arthfoddw Ap Boddw King (L) De Ceredigion1880, as shown in family tree 532. He is no longer living. Arthlwys fathered one son: Clydog Ap Arthlwys King Of (L) Ceredigion1847 about 660

SIGURD HJORT HART THE STAG KING HELGASSON (George's thirty-nine-times-great-great-uncle) was born in 816, in Ringerike, Akershus, Norway, to Helge Friedlevsson Den Kvasse 1876 and Aslaug Danmark1877, as shown in family tree 529. He died in 856, aged about 40, in Ringerike, Akershus, Norway.

ARTHFODDW AP BODDW KING (L) DE CEREDIGION (George's forty-times-great-grandfather) was born in 581 to Boddw Ap Serwyl King (L) De Ceredigion1890, as shown in family tree 537. He is no longer living. Arthfoddw fathered one son: Arthlwys Ap Arthfoddw King (L) De Ceredigion1863 about 621

BODDW AP SERWYL KING (L) DE CEREDIGION (George's forty-one-times-great-grandfather) was born in 541 to Serwyl Ap Usai King (L) De Ceredigion1898, as shown in family tree 541. He is no longer living. Boddw fathered one son: Arthfoddw Ap Boddw King (L) De Ceredigion1880 in 581

SERWYL AP USAI KING (L) DE CEREDIGION (George's forty-two-times-great-grandfather) was born about 501 to Uffa Or Usai Ap Ceredig King (L) De Ceredigion1908, as shown in family tree 545. He is no longer living. Serwyl fathered one son: Boddw Ap Serwyl King (L) De Ceredigion1890 in 541

UFFA OR USAI AP CEREDIG KING (L) DE CEREDIGION (George's forty-three-times-great-grandfather) was born about 470 to Ceredig Ap Cunedda (L) De Wales King (L) De Ceredigion1917 and Meleri Verch (L) De Wales Brychan1918, as shown in family tree 550. He died about 544, aged about 74. Uffa fathered one son: Serwyl Ap Usai King (L) De Ceredigion1898 about 501

CEREDIG AP CUNEDDA (L) DE WALES KING (L) DE CEREDIGION (George's forty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born in 413, in CEREDIGION, WALES, to Cunedda Cunndea Wledig Gwledig Aetern (L) Wales (L) Wales 1927 and Gwawl Or Vala Verch (L) Wales Coel 1928, as shown in family tree 554.

AIRMETACH CAECH CONAILL KING OF MEATH (George's forty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born in 610, in Uisnech, Meath, Eirann, to Conall Guthbinn Mac Suibni Ó Colmáin King of Meath1937, as shown in family tree 557. He died (Battle Mag Rath) in 637, aged about 27, in Moira, County Down, Ireland. Airmetach fathered one son:

CONALL GUTHBINN MAC SUIBNI Ó COLMÁIN KING OF MEATH (George's forty-six-times-great-grandfather) was born in 590, in Ireland, to Suibne Mac Colmain of Uisnech King of Meath1944, as shown in family tree 561. He died in 634, aged about 44, in Ireland. Conall fathered one son: Airmetach Caech Conaill King of Meath

COEL "HEN" (NOTES) GODEBORG KING OF (L) NORTH BRITAIN DE PENNINES (L) GODEBBOG (George's forty-six-times-great-grandfather) was born about 345, in RHEGED OR PENNINES, BRITAIN. COEL became known as “HEN”. He died about 415, aged about 70.

. SUIBNE MAC COLMAIN OF UISNECH KING OF MEATH (George's forty-seven-times-great-grandfather) was born in 562, in Ireland, to Colmain Már Mac Diarmato High King of Ireland1952, as shown in family tree 565. He died in 600, aged about 38, in Ireland

GODEGISELE KING OF BURGANDY DE BURGONDIE (George's forty-eight-times-great-grandfather) was born to Gondioc De Burgondie 1954 and NN De Wisigothie1955, as shown in family tree 567. He died in 501

COLMAIN MÁR MAC DIARMATO HIGH KING OF IRELAND (George's forty-eight-times-great-grandfather) was born in 510, in Ireland, to Diarmait Derg Mac Fergus Cerbaill O'néill High King of Ireland1958 and Eithneerc High King of Ireland Unknown1959, as shown in family tree 569. He died in Ireland. Colmain fathered one son: Suibne Mac Colmain of Uisnech King of Meath

EUDAF HEN KING (L) DE BRITAIN UNKNOWN (George's forty-eight-times-great-grandfather) was born about 285, in North Britain, to Einudd Ap Gwrddwfn Britain1960, as shown in family tree 570. He is no longer living. Eudaf fathered one son: Gadeon Ap (L) Eudaf Cadfan1945 about 322

DIARMAIT DERG MAC FERGUS CERBAILL O'NÉILL HIGH KING OF IRELAND (George's forty-nine-times-great-grandfather) was born in 486, in Meath, Eirann, to Fergus Cennfota Cerrbel Mac Conail High King of Ireland1967, as shown in family tree 574. He died in 565, aged about 79, in Battle of Rath-begg

EITHNEERC HIGH KING OF IRELAND (George's forty-nine-times-great-grandmother) was born in Ireland to Brenaind Dall Of Conmaicne Unknown1968, as shown within family tree 565. She died in 516 in Ireland. Diarmait Derg Mac Fergus Cerbaill O'néill High King of Ireland1958 married Eithneerc High King of Ireland Unknown. They had one son: Colmain Már Mac Diarmato High King of Ireland1952

FERGUS CENNFOTA CERRBEL MAC CONAIL HIGH KING OF IRELAND (George's fifty-times-great-grandfather) was born in 440, in Ireland, to Conall Gulban Mac Néill King of Tirconal1979, as shown in family tree 579. He died in Ireland. Fergus fathered one son: Diarmait Derg Mac Fergus Cerbaill O'néill High King of Ireland

CONALL GULBAN MAC NÉILL KING OF TIRCONAL (George's fifty-one-times-great-grandfather) was born in 412, in Forgotten Monarchy, Scotland, to Niall Of The Nine Hostages King of the Connachta 1989 and Inne Ingen Lugaid King of The Connachta Unknown1990, as shown in family tree 584. He died in 481, aged about 69, in Ireland. Conall fathered one son: Fergus Cennfota Cerrbel Mac Conail High King of Ireland196

. THEODOSE IER LE GRAND EMPEREUR D'ORIENT, EMPEREUR DE ROME FLAVIUS (George's fifty-two-times-great-grandfather) was born to Théodose Flavius1992 and Thermantia L'ainée Flavius 1993, as shown within family tree 576. He is no longer living.

NIALL OF THE NINE HOSTAGES KING OF THE CONNACHTA (George's fifty-two-times-great-grandfather) was born in 361, in Ireland, to Eochaid Muigh Meadhoin MacMuiredach, 122nd Ard-Rí Na h'Éireann Unknown1999 and Eochaid Muigh Meadhoin MacMuiredach, 122nd Ard-Rí Na h'Éireann Unknown2000, as shown in family tree 588. He died in 452, aged about 91, in Possibly Roman Britain or Brittany.

INNE INGEN LUGAID KING OF THE CONNACHTA (George's fifty-two-times-great-grandmother) was born in 390, in Europa, to Dubtach Of Ulster Unknown2001, as shown within family tree 584. She died in 430, aged about 40, in Europia. Niall Of The Nine Hostages King of the Connachta1989 married Inne Ingen Lugaid King of The Connachta Unknown.

VALENTINIEN EMPEROR OF ROME (George's fifty-three-times-great-grandfather) was born in 321 to Théodose Flavius De Rome 2003 and Thermantia L'ainée Flavius2004, as shown within family tree 581. He died in 375, aged about 54. Valentinien fathered one daughter

CYLLIN SEAL AP CARADOC KING L BRITAIN (George's fifty-three-times-great-grandfather) was born to Caradoc King Of Siluria (L) Caratacus2014, as shown in family tree 593. He is no longer living.

FIACHU MACÓENGUSA GOIBNENN, KING OF ULSTER (George's fifty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born to Oengus Goibnenn MacFergusa Gallen, King of Ulster Unknown2021, as shown in family tree 596. He is no longer living. Fiachu fathered one daughter: Eochaid Muigh Meadhoin MacMuiredach,

. MOINDACH KING OF ULSTER (George's fifty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born in 320, in Emain Macha, Ireland. He died in Ireland. Moindach fathered one son: Dubtach Of Ulster Unknown2

CARADOC KING OF SILURIA (L) CARATACUS (George's fifty-four-times-great-grandfather) was born to Bran Fendigaid "The Blessed King of (L) Siluria2022 and Julia Gneissa Or Venissa Of Britain born in Roman Empire 2023, as shown in family tree 597. He is no longer living. Caradoc fathered one son: Cyllin Seal Ap Caradoc King L Britain

. FLAVIUS THEODOSIUS AUGUSTUS (DE GROTE) ARCADIUS VAN ROME (George's fifty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born in 346, in Cauca, Gallaecia. Flavius was an Emperor of Rome. He died in 396, aged about 50, in Milaan Italië.

OENGUS GOIBNENN MACFERGUSA GALLEN, KING OF ULSTER (George's fifty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born to Feargus Gallen MacTipraiti Tirech Dál n-Araidhe Unknown2028, as shown in family tree 599. He is no longer living. Oengus fathered one son: Fiachu MacÓengusa Goibnenn, King of Ulster

BRAN FENDIGAID "THE BLESSED KING OF (L) SILURIA (George's fifty-five-times-great-grandfather) was born about 25 A.D., in Gwent Wales, to King Llyr Llediaith Ap Bran2029 and Penardudus Ap Caswallon Verch Llud2030, as shown within family tree 597. He died in 61 A.D., aged about 36, in Wales.

FLAVIUS VALENTINIAN I " EMPEROR OF ROME VALENTIANUS (George's fifty-six-times-great-grandfather) was born in 321, in Cibalis, Zuid-Pannonia, to Gratianus De Panonia 2034 and Constantia Verch Constantine2035, as shown within family tree 598. He died in 375, aged about 54, in Brigetio Pannonia-Inferior Yugoslavia

KING LLYR LLEDIAITH AP BRAN (George's fifty-six-times-great-grandfather) was born about 20 B.C., in Britain, to Baran Ap Ceri 2037, as shown within family tree 597. He is no longer living.

TIBERIUS CLAUDIUS CESAR (L) BRITANNICUS TIBERIUS CLAUDIUS EMPEROR OF ROME (George's fifty-six-times-great-grandfather) was born about 10 A.D., in Lugdunum (Lyons), to Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus Caesar2038 and Antonia Augusta The Younger Minor Of Drusus 2039, as shown in family tree 602. He died on 13 October 54

TIPRAITI TIRECH MACBRESSAIL BREAC, KING OF ULSTER (George's fifty-seven-times-great-grandfather) was born to Bresal Brecc MacFerb Dál n-Araidhe Unknown2044, as shown in family tree 604. He is no longer living. Tipraiti fathered one son: Feargus Gallen MacTipraiti Tirech Dál n-Araidhe

NERO CLAUDIUS DRUSUS GERMANICUS CAESAR (George's fifty-seven-times-great-grandfather) was born in 38 B.C., in Palace of Augustus, to Tiberius Claudius Nero Caesar Rome 2045, as shown in family tree 605. He died in 9 A.D., aged about 46, in Mannheim, Germany

5. TIBERIUS CLAUDIUS NERO CAESAR ROME (George's fifty-eight-times-great-grandfather) was born 'about 50 0r 60 B.C.' to Marcus Livius The Younger Drusus2051 and Alfridia Dusus De Rome 2052, as shown in family tree 608. He is no longer living. Tiberius fathered one son: Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus Caesar 2038 in 38 B.C

MARCUS ANTONIUS CAESAR III (George's fifty-nine-times-great-grandfather) was born in 83 B.C., in Rome, to Marcus Antonius Creticus Unknown II 2063 and Julia Antonia2064, as shown in family tree 614. He died in 30 B.C., aged about 53, in Alexandria, Egypt. Marcus married twice. He was married to Octavia Antonius Caius 2055 and had a lover Cleopatra Philopater Of Egypt

LUCIUS JULIUS III CAESAR (George's sixty-one-times-great-grandfather) was born in Rome to Lucius Julius Caesar II Unknown2091 and Poppilia , as shown in family tree 623. He died in Rome.

LUCIUS JULIUS CAESAR II (George's sixty-two-times-great-grandfather). He is no longer living

GAIUS JULIUS CAESAR (George's sixty-two-times-great-grandfather) was born in 100 B.C. He died in 44 B.C

CAIUS OCTAVIUS I OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE (George's sixty-three-times-great-grandfather) was born to Enius Octavius Rufus "quaestor" Chancellor Of The Republic 2110, as shown within family tree 624. He is no longer living. Caius fathered one son: Caius Octavius Ii, Tribune In Sicily20

Last edited by dakota44; Dec 6th 2020 at 11:01 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 9:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jpk
Either this site is rubbish or I am useless, but I have searched my ex-OH's surname in her town of birth and I got absolutely no results, and it's a very common surname in the area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.