British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   MY ANNIVERSARY (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/my-anniversary-601156/)

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 1st 2009 6:15 am

MY ANNIVERSARY

Today is my Italian anniversary.

I arrived on April 1st. I didn't book the flight, the family that hired me did. It was from Luton to Treviso and I spent almost the whole journey in tears.

I won't be crying today anyway. I'll be popping champagne corks this evening :D

Cheers everyone.

giuliana Apr 1st 2009 6:25 am

Re: MY ANNIVERSARY

Tanti Auguri!!!:D

duffer Apr 1st 2009 6:56 am

Is this thread an April Fools?

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 1st 2009 8:43 am

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 7440929)
Is this thread an April Fools?

It's not actually. It's the truth.

It felt like an April fool at the time though :eek:

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 1st 2009 9:42 am

Originally Posted by giuliana (Post 7440862)
Tanti Auguri!!!:D

Thanks Giuliana

sellymack Apr 1st 2009 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7440843)
Today is my Italian anniversary.

I arrived on April 1st. I didn't book the flight, the family that hired me did. It was from Luton to Treviso and I spent almost the whole journey in tears.

I won't be crying today anyway. I'll be popping champagne corks this evening :D

Cheers everyone.

Congratulatons! May I ask how many years you have been here? I'm coming up for my 10th year. :thumbsup:

sheilamarsco Apr 2nd 2009 7:56 am

congratulations aren't you glad you were brave enough to take the plunge.

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 2nd 2009 8:09 am

Originally Posted by sellymack (Post 7442012)
Congratulatons! May I ask how many years you have been here? I'm coming up for my 10th year. :thumbsup:

Oh God it's ages.

It was 19 years yesterday.

I left England when I was 19. It was supposed to be a year out before going to university.

Next year I will have lived here longer than I ever did in England. It's a very weird thought.

My English P45 has never been used. I only had waitressing and babysitting jobs when I was doing my A Levels.

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 2nd 2009 8:11 am

Originally Posted by sheilamarsco (Post 7444343)
congratulations aren't you glad you were brave enough to take the plunge.

Thanks.

Yeah I suppose I am. I do feel proud of myself for sticking it out in the beginning when it was very hard and for learning the language so well.

Kenny and Moe Apr 2nd 2009 9:34 am

and Lorna, what would we do without your font of knowledge:thumbsup:. I was the same as you when I joined the Army, thought I would give it a go and 32 years later I'm still giving it a go, you would have been all of 6 when I joined......... seems ages ago eh. You should have no worries now though as my legal mate tells me that whatever crime you committed at 19 which made your Mum get you out of the country would be spent now so you can safely return undisguised.......;)
Now getting ready for my epic drive from Naples to Calais, back to UK for a week, (T-Bag run)
Have a good day
Regards Kenny

.Ariel. Apr 2nd 2009 7:47 pm

Auguri. That must feel wierd to have been here longer than in the UK. I came here on a gap year too, I had a second gap year, then eventually went back for uni. Spent all my student loans travelling backwards and forwards though :)

Mr Posh Apr 3rd 2009 9:09 pm

As good old Cliff said "Congratulations and Celebrations" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 4th 2009 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Mr Posh (Post 7449394)
As good old Cliff said "Congratulations and Celebrations" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

And thanks for Mr Posh for not putting up an automatic youtube link to that song ! :thumbsup:

pommybird Apr 4th 2009 2:14 pm

Congratulations Lorna - I remember when I read your story of how you started out in Italy I was well impressed - very gutsy to do what you did.

If you could go back 19 years and do it all again would you do anything different?

.Ariel. Apr 4th 2009 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7450830)
Thanks guys.

And thanks for Mr Posh for not putting up an automatic youtube link to that song ! :thumbsup:

:rofl: Yes, thanks Mr Posh for not doing that.