Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

msg for Carrie W

msg for Carrie W

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Embles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default msg for Carrie W

Hi Carrie - just wondering if you had your baby yet and how things are going? We are now safelly installed in Turin but only just managed to get broadband connected so have been off line for a while. Anyway, just wondered how you are doing.
Emilyx
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: msg for Carrie W

Ciao Emily.

Thanks for thinking of me . Glad to hear you are getting settled.

Well, on 10th October our little girl, Elena, arrived into the world, weighing 3.5kg and is absolutely perfect. We are all doing fine - getting used to no sleep and the sound of screaming 24/7!

She is a little sweetie though (when not screaming!). The staff at the hospital in Vicenza were great. I even had an English speaking ostetrica at the birth, which was a real bonus.

I have updated my avatar picture to one of 'la mia principessa'

Carrie
x
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Embles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Ciao Emily.

Well, on 10th October our little girl, Elena, arrived into the world, weighing 3.5kg and is absolutely perfect. We are all doing fine - getting used to no sleep and the sound of screaming 24/7!

She is a little sweetie though (when not screaming!). The staff at the hospital in Vicenza were great. I even had an English speaking ostetrica at the birth, which was a real bonus.

Carrie
x
Hi again - Many congratulations on the birth of baby Elena! Glad to hear things are going well for you aside from the screaming, but I'm sure that will calm down pretty soon. Enjoy your little one. I still have a few months to go and still need to sort out gynaecologist (oops!).
Emilyx
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

madmichelle83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: msg for Carrie W

hi, glad to hear all is well with you both. My husband and I are researching into moving to italy either mainland or sicily. we have been living in bulgaria since february renovated a house. we cant seem to settle here so was wondering about italy. We have learnt some language here and get by quite well on what we have learned, we enjoy the country itself but can't get to grips with the people here, or the food. its just a few little things that mount up. Am curious as to life in italy or sicily, i understand you probably wont be able to help me with sicily. My concern is healthcare, is it good? Mainly pregnancy care and labour and birth. What are their practices? thanks
donna
xx
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

DORI DOE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Ciao Emily.

Carrie
x

Congratulations