Wikiposts

moving to rome

Old Nov 12th 2015, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

lizacoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving to rome

hi guys hope you can help me we are a family who are looking to move to the suburbs of rome as we are hoping to work there, few questions anybody know of anybody who does van hire one way as we are currently living in spain, or anybody who does car transport from spain to Italy, next question where is the best place to live outside of rome to travel in but is not too far away or if you know of anybody looking to rent there house not apartment as we have 2 gorgeous dogue de bordeux, last any other help with moving to rome area would be greatly appreciated, we are coming to rome at the beginning of December for a week just to have a look around and get a feel for the place oh sorry one important thing what are the supermarkets like for weekly shopping thank you all so much just for reading this look forward to hearing your replies liza
Old Nov 12th 2015, 9:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to rome

Nevermind, my questions have been asked before.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 12th 2015 at 10:02 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Comments on the Netherlands where there are similar requests.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/nethe...-865462/page4/
Old Nov 14th 2015, 10:04 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizacoops
hi guys hope you can help me we are a family who are looking to move to the suburbs of rome as we are hoping to work there, few questions anybody know of anybody who does van hire one way as we are currently living in spain, or anybody who does car transport from spain to Italy, next question where is the best place to live outside of rome to travel in but is not too far away or if you know of anybody looking to rent there house not apartment as we have 2 gorgeous dogue de bordeux, last any other help with moving to rome area would be greatly appreciated, we are coming to rome at the beginning of December for a week just to have a look around and get a feel for the place oh sorry one important thing what are the supermarkets like for weekly shopping thank you all so much just for reading this look forward to hearing your replies liza
Liza,

how far is not to far away for travelling?

Supermarkets are fine and lots of them but there are also lots of family business doing good food oh and more chemists than you will believe.

Most Italians in the Rome suburbs like apartment living so you may have to go outside the GRA to find a house unless you are minted..
Old Nov 26th 2015, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Avv. Charlotte Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Liza,

I live in the area of Casal Palocco/Infernetto, outside the GRA and just 5 minutes from Ostia with kilometres of beach to choose from that is the place to be in the summer. I recommend this area as I am English myself, married to an Italian with bilingual kids who have grown up here, and we have many international friends as many families who work for the FAO are based out here and there are international school as well. You absolutely need a car though, public transport is possible but dismal. I commute to the office 3 days a week, it takes me an hour to Piazza di Spagna, by car to EUR and by metro. As for suoermarkets I have always missed Tescos, but Carrefour is reliable and you can even do inline shopping now!
Old Nov 26th 2015, 7:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizacoops
An indication of the type of work you would be looking for, and, of course, an indication of the level of fluency in Italian that you have will be paramount given how poor the job market in Italy is compared to the UK,