Wikiposts

moving to rome

Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:30 am
Just Joined

woodfine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to rome

Hi,
we are moving to Rome this summer and I would like to start researching rental possibilities in the city. Need to be close to St Stephen's school and with good transport links to Frascati. Any advice about suitable areas greatly appreciated. We have 2 large dogs so not sure how easy it will be but would prefer a house to an appartement!

Can anyone advise of an equivalent site to "rightmove.com" to find long term rentals.?

I have no Italian at this stage so any help greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:59 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to rome

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum.

http://rome.angloinfo.com/af/430/rom...-for-rent.html

that page has about 22 agents in Rome, Property International found mine for me and were very helpful.

Bottom line is the further from the centre you go the more you get for your money. Most rentals in town are apartments.

If you have any questions just post away and we will see how we can help. A few of us speak some Italian too.

ciao and welcome once more.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for the quick reply, will have a look at the listings and will no doubt come back with lots of questions.

thanks again.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 3:37 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodfine
Many thanks for the quick reply, will have a look at the listings and will no doubt come back with lots of questions.

thanks again.
no worries ask away
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

There are several ways to reach Frascati from Rome:

Metro to Anagnina station then bus
metro to Termini then train to Frascati, aproximately 20 min.
by car either on Tuscolana or from the GRA , EXIT M. P. Catone

Frascati is one of the most beautiful places around Rome with nice properties, great restaurants and breathtaking views on Rome, living there is much better than living in smoggy and noisy Rome.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
There are several ways to reach Frascati from Rome:

Metro to Anagnina station then bus
metro to Termini then train to Frascati, aproximately 20 min.
by car either on Tuscolana or from the GRA , EXIT M. P. Catone

Frascati is one of the most beautiful places around Rome with nice properties, great restaurants and breathtaking views on Rome, living there is much better than living in smoggy and noisy Rome.
i agree with the smog bit i love rome the history buildings ect but every time i come back to the clean mountane air of pretoro CH i sufer from bronciti
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linseed oil
i agree with the smog bit i love rome the history buildings ect but every time i come back to the clean mountane air of pretoro CH i sufer from bronciti
I never said Rome was not beautiful, for me it is the most beautiful city in the World and I keep telling DS to be proud for being born here, on Isola Tiberina.
It is great to come and visit and be immersed in history, art and beauty, but it is is not my choice of place to live.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 3:09 am
Just Joined

hi and thank you for already replying to previous messages.

I have a question about locations.
Where would be a good area to live if i have a child at St Stephen's International school and a husband who will work in Frascati? Keeping in mind that i have 2 dogs, i would prefer a house to a flat.

I dont want to be isolated and need easy transport links to the centre of Rome and to have shops and amenities locally.
Which areas should i avoid?

Is a budget of approx 3000 euros reasonable for a 3 bed house?

many thanks
Old Feb 11th 2013, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Where would be a good area to live if i have a child at St Stephen's International school and a husband who will work in Frascati? Keeping in mind that i have 2 dogs, i would prefer a house to a flat.

I dont want to be isolated and need easy transport links to the centre of Rome and to have shops and amenities locally.

many thanks
I would say if your child is old enough to travel on the train/metro, then living near Frascati is your best option. Your husband would not have to struggle every morning in the traffic, you will have a nice house with lots of greenery around, clean air, lots of space for dogs.
The shopping is great too, many shopping centres down the road.
3000, euro is too much to pay for a 3 bed house near Frascati, they range from 1000-2000 per month and there are many properties around as many expats have left( a popular area for foreigners working for Erikson, Ryan Air pilots, etc).
Bear in mind that the bills for utilities are high here.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:16 am
Dunroaming back in UK

many thanks
Well St Stephen's School is not far from me by Circus Maximus Metro Stop so very very easy to get to on public transport.

3 Bed houses not common here in Town but that budget would get you a pretty decent 3 bed apartment. I pay 1700 for a large 2 bed room 2 bathroom place in the Garbatella and loads of residents have dogs in my block.

However, if I read you right and it is the house you want then, as Isakat says, going out of town is probably better for you and your budget will go much further out there too.

For info: Train Frascati to Termini 30 mins, then Metro is 3 stops so 4/5 mins with say 10 mins for transfer Train to Metro - so 50 mins or so from catching the train at Frascati should see you at the School.