Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving to Parma, need help :-0

Moving to Parma, need help :-0

Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

MargeB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Parma, need help :-0

I am moving to Parma soon, and have NO idea where to start with arrangements. The organization provides housing for one month, so I guess I can search for something in that month. However, does anyone know of Internation Schools, where lessons are taught in English in Parma?
I have a 6-year old son. Also, what are the living costs in Parma, how much money do you need every month to live decently.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:06 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving to Parma, need help :-0

Wow, a month to move and find accommodation. I know nothing of Parma but the chances of sorting out decent accommodation and schools in a month, mmmmm good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:35 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Kenny's right, a month to sort everything out Don't envy you but I'm sure all of those who live Palma way will soon have the fingers on the keyboard with advice. Goodluck.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:38 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Are your employers helping you with the paperwork or do you have to start from scratch?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

PaulParma is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marge

There is 1 international school in Parma - called, surprisingly, the International School !! Established mainly for the children of EFSA personnel. It is in the city centre - I believe it's on Via Saffi but don't quote me on it. You need a lot of money to live and shop in Parma - wealthy city !! If I can help with anything else feel free to drop me a line, although I have only been here since October last year myself.

Good luck

Paul