Reload this Page >

Moving to Parma

Moving to Parma

Old May 10th 2018, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

meg157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Parma

Hi my Husband and I are moving to Parma for work
Past children (almost at grandchildren stage )
want to live in the countryside but be able to commute to Parma for work any recos
and how do we get to know anyone don't speak Italian
excited and Terrified help advice please
Old May 11th 2018, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Parma

Hello and welcome to the forum. When you say you wnat to commute into Parma would that be by pubblic transport or by car and what soert of commute would you consider acceptable ?
Old May 11th 2018, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Hi Thanks

I shall be working in the north of the city near the main motorway
I shall travel by car and will be happy up to 45 minutes
we are defiantly country lovers but would love to try to have some community, bar restaurants ect
Old May 16th 2018, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

The nothern part of the city and the motoroway exit are well connected to the very flat river plains that stetch out towards Milan . You will find that housing here is cheaper than the more popular sothern side of the city towards the hills ( our mountains as people in Parma insist on calling them ) . You could start looking in small towns like Colorno and still be well within your commute time , or San Polo di Torrile which is nearer . The main road is subject to heavy traffic especially at peak times .
You could also consider starting off by renting somethig temporarily in Parma and fixing on somwhere to live once you have found your way around .
Old May 20th 2018, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Yes yes I think we shall rent in Parma and discover the area before settling
are there any expat groups etc in Parma where we might get to know some people
or is it just divining in to Italian life
Old Jun 9th 2018, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

naomia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Meg how have you got on so far? We are thinking of moving from the UK to this area too. We also would like to be out in the countryside but with access to Parma. Have you found any nice towns yet? I don't really know where to start! We have a 7 year old daughter so want a school too.