Reload this Page >

moving out/setting up

moving out/setting up

Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

barb14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving out/setting up

HI,
have recently bought a house/barn in Lombardy/Emilia-Romagna, nr Viadana. Am waiting to sell in uk and get out there to get the place earnig money by renting some of it out. Just a general thing but what should i watch out for?
I have 2 very good friends out there, 1 ex pat, 1 native to translate and help out.
Any comments from bringing car out to not putting my foot iin it gratefully recieved, and if there are any builders, plumbers sparks around that area drop me a line.

Last edited by barb14; Mar 30th 2009 at 3:16 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

flyster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving out/setting up

If you can't find anyone to help out with the renovation... give me a shout and I'll bounce onto a plane and come give you a hand.
I'm a professional "handyman" and never turn down a chance of an adventure! (I've found myself in France installing bathrooms and building a pool-house in Cyprus!)
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:54 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

barb14 - watch out for absolutely everything would be my advice, if there is a chance it could go wrong it probably will at some stage, this is Italy after all. Do some searches on here and you will come up with stacks of stuff. You have an advantage having both an English and Italian speaker on your side.
Good luck with your venture
kenny
Old Mar 31st 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barb14
HI,
have recently bought a house/barn in Lombardy/Emilia-Romagna, nr Viadana. Am waiting to sell in uk and get out there to get the place earnig money by renting some of it out. Just a general thing but what should i watch out for?
I have 2 very good friends out there, 1 ex pat, 1 native to translate and help out.
Any comments from bringing car out to not putting my foot iin it gratefully recieved, and if there are any builders, plumbers sparks around that area drop me a line.
thanks for that, will keep it in mind!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Just thought as well anyone reading this, wanting to stay somewhere whilst there looking, want a hand translating or a friendly(yes they do exist) estate agent/commercalista/architect or somewhere to rent longer term, let me know.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:55 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

What do you do for a living??
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

myself and wife both teach but right now she is working and I am selling uk house and then as soon as thats gone thru going to Italian place to paint/decorate and rent out some of the rooms. Then we will come out during holidays with a view to eventually moving into the barn part when its conerverted.
Weel thats the plan anyway!