Moving to milan, italy

Moving to milan, italy

Old Mar 6th 2018, 5:39 pm
Div
Just Joined

Div is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to milan, italy

Hey everyone,
I got a job in milan, italy and i'll be getting 25000 euro per year. I dont have any idea tax deduction. Will this be sufficient for one person to live there. And i also want to save some money per month.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 6:06 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to milan, italy

A single person will pay about €7,000 in tax.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 5:21 am
Div
Just Joined

Div is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks..
Old Mar 7th 2018, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Div
Hey everyone,
I got a job in milan, italy and i'll be getting 25000 euro per year. I dont have any idea tax deduction. Will this be sufficient for one person to live there. And i also want to save some money per month.
This calculator is pretty accurate http://www.italytaxcalculator.com/
As mentioned around €7000 (€7,827.18)
Old Mar 7th 2018, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Note that the tax calculator appears to be for people who are directly employed (i.e. not self-employed) which seems to be ok for the OP but might not apply to everyone's circs.
For example, I'm self-employed and the INPS contributions are around 30% rather than the 9% mentioned in the tax calculator.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung
For example, I'm self-employed and the INPS contributions are around 30% rather than the 9% mentioned in the tax calculator.
You are paying a lot of tax George!
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Tell me about it!

However, the "taxable base" used to calculate it is a bit complex from what (little) I understand and, for example, you can offset your INPS payments from the previous year in calculating your profit for the current year.

https://www.fiscoetasse.com/rassegna...rata-2018.html