Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving to Marche

Moving to Marche

Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

moodles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Marche

Hi, we are Brits currently living in the US and are thinking of moving to Italy, Marche region in a couple of years.

We are currently learning italian and we have family who already have a home in Marche, we are planning to visit next year.

I just wondered how easy it was to relocate and if anyone had any problems? Any advice you can give would be much appreciated. We have children who would go to school there.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:13 am
Miles away from home

Awineor2 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Moving to Marche

Originally Posted by moodles
Hi, we are Brits currently living in the US and are thinking of moving to Italy, Marche region in a couple of years.

We are currently learning italian and we have family who already have a home in Marche, we are planning to visit next year.

I just wondered how easy it was to relocate and if anyone had any problems? Any advice you can give would be much appreciated. We have children who would go to school there.

Ditto, We are Brits living in Oz at the moment and visiting Italy next summer in the hope of moving there ourselves also, looking at Le Marche and Umbria. Likewise learning Italian and have children that will go to school there. Having family there already should be a big help as they can show you the ropes etc, but now that we are part of the EC it should be easy. Good Luck with everything and who knows we may meet you over there. Ciao
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Moving to Marche

We looked at moving back to the UK but I think we'd find it hard moving back there. Besides which house prices have gone up 100% since we left! We want to be near family who are scattered around Europe so Italy is the perfect destination. Any idea when you might be moving out there? How is life in Oz?

Originally Posted by Awineor2
Ditto, We are Brits living in Oz at the moment and visiting Italy next summer in the hope of moving there ourselves also, looking at Le Marche and Umbria. Likewise learning Italian and have children that will go to school there. Having family there already should be a big help as they can show you the ropes etc, but now that we are part of the EC it should be easy. Good Luck with everything and who knows we may meet you over there. Ciao
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:47 pm
Miles away from home

We looked at moving back to the UK but I think we'd find it hard moving back there. Besides which house prices have gone up 100% since we left! We want to be near family who are scattered around Europe so Italy is the perfect destination. Any idea when you might be moving out there? How is life in Oz?
Hi Moodles,

We would never contemplate moving back to the UK for many reasons, as you said properties are now so expensive, though we did move to Oz from Somerset which is a lovely part of the UK. Oz is great but we feel too isolated and too far away from family and friends who live in Switzerland, Cyprus and the UK, so we thought that Italy would be central, also I love artichecture, the countryside, the buzz of visiting a city (not living in a city) and Italy has all of that and much more as far as our needs are concerned. We will be over there next summer and then depending on how that goes it could be relatively soon after that. Where abouts in the States are you living? I have friends in Miami, NY and Chicago, some of these friends use to live in Europe and loved it, but work took them to the States. Would love to know how you get on with everything and good luck.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

That's funny, your situation is very similar to ours. We lived in Swindon, Wiltshire and moved to Colorado Springs about 6 years ago. Whilst we really love it here, we too feel isolated and so far away from our families. Although it's only a 10 hour plane ride home, the cost and inconvenience of being so far away is making us want to be closer, especially for the kids. We have friends and family in France, Cyprus and the UK, so Italy is a good central location and both of us love it there! We love the cities, countryside and of course the food! I'd love to know how you get on with your move back to Europe. I have a couple of British friends who are moving out to Melbourne in January. Good luck with everything.

Originally Posted by Awineor2
Hi Moodles,

We would never contemplate moving back to the UK for many reasons, as you said properties are now so expensive, though we did move to Oz from Somerset which is a lovely part of the UK. Oz is great but we feel too isolated and too far away from family and friends who live in Switzerland, Cyprus and the UK, so we thought that Italy would be central, also I love artichecture, the countryside, the buzz of visiting a city (not living in a city) and Italy has all of that and much more as far as our needs are concerned. We will be over there next summer and then depending on how that goes it could be relatively soon after that. Where abouts in the States are you living? I have friends in Miami, NY and Chicago, some of these friends use to live in Europe and loved it, but work took them to the States. Would love to know how you get on with everything and good luck.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:47 am
Miles away from home

That's funny, your situation is very similar to ours. We lived in Swindon, Wiltshire and moved to Colorado Springs about 6 years ago. Whilst we really love it here, we too feel isolated and so far away from our families. Although it's only a 10 hour plane ride home, the cost and inconvenience of being so far away is making us want to be closer, especially for the kids. We have friends and family in France, Cyprus and the UK, so Italy is a good central location and both of us love it there! We love the cities, countryside and of course the food! I'd love to know how you get on with your move back to Europe. I have a couple of British friends who are moving out to Melbourne in January. Good luck with everything.
Hi
Your friends should love Melbourne, lots of culture and lots to do, keep it in mind for future holidays. How are you getting on with the Italian language? have you managed to locate where you would like to live in Marche or are you taking a recky next year to see where appeals to you? We are keeping very open minded until we actually get there and not located anywhere as yet. I supppose it depends on personal circumstances and the cost of the relocation, will you be doing this yourself or is it a company move? and is time a factor? I would like to make the final move before my eldest takes his exams.