Reload this Page >

Moving to Arezzo

Moving to Arezzo

Old Jun 5th 2014, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Emma416 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Arezzo

Hi there

I am new to the forum. I am moving very close to Arezzo from August 1st for my job. I know nothing about the area and I have only visited for 2 days but it was so beautiful! Can anyone give me any advise on things like buying a car in Italy and the best bank yo go with for opening an account. And if anyone lives there already, it would be great to get in contact!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Emma
Old Jun 5th 2014, 7:03 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Arezzo

Originally Posted by Emma416
Hi there

I am new to the forum. I am moving very close to Arezzo from August 1st for my job. I know nothing about the area and I have only visited for 2 days but it was so beautiful! Can anyone give me any advise on things like buying a car in Italy and the best bank yo go with for opening an account. And if anyone lives there already, it would be great to get in contact!

Emma
Hi Emma,

a warm welcome to the forum.

I am in Rome so can't comment in any details on Arezzo having only past through. The general area is nice though my OH likes it there a lot.

I personally think all the banks are much of a muchness here. Little to choose between them.

Cars: http://www.understandingitaly.com/li.../motoring.html

says it all I think.

welcome again and good luck with the move!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

Banking: no, banks in Italy are not all the same.

I tell you what I have done:

- I have an on-line account with FINECO Bank. It works perfectly with everything, you can pay a lot of things via the internet account, included taxes and postal payments, you have credit card and "bancomat" in the same card, and bank transfers are free of charge.

www.fineco.it/

- If I have some savings, I convert them in some bank investment product in Banca Popolare Etica. and I do it for two reasons:

1) I don't want to leave my money in the hands of financial groups who do financial speculation (would you say gambling?) - this is an ethical and political reason

2) as Banca Etica does not do financial speculation, their saving products give a low but constant output, they are very safe and in the last years they had very good performances. I didn't loose a cent in the past years, when a lot of saving funds from other banks / investment companies resulted in a failure.

http://www.bancaetica.it/

Good luck with your move to Arezzo, Tuscany is a good place for living, you will appreciate it. Go and discover Piero della Francesca paintings all over the Arezzo province (he was from Sansepolcro, near Arezzo), but, if you go to London before moving, go and see the Piero della Francesca paintings in the National Gallery, they should be in the Sainsbury wing, and meditate about how lucky we are to have them shown in central London for free every day! :-))

ciao, Primula

Originally Posted by Emma416
Hi there

Emma
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Emma416 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice! Is there anyone living in or near Arezzo?
Old Apr 7th 2015, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

BethKelly07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Emma.

I am new to this site, and am actually Moving to Sansepolcro which is near Italy, I plan on going at the end of May. Are you still living in Arezzo?
Old Apr 7th 2015, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

BethKelly07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I meant it is close to Arezzo!!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy! It is really beautiful even if a bit isolated. Enjoy Piero della Francesca, and before going, if you pass through London, go and see Piero's paintings in the National Gallery - Sainsbury Wing - the baptism of Christ expecially
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I visited the area for the first time last summer and was impressed. I wouldn't agree that it's isolated, road and rail travel being relatively convenient.

If you're nostalgic for Brits in July, you could visit the Anghiari Festival nearby, organised by the Southbank Sinfonia - the place gets colonised for the whole week or more. (that's why I went there) .. otherwise avoid!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, yes, there are cultural activities, Anghiari is also very beautiful, Rome and Florence are not far.... but is it still a village and you need to like this kind of lifestyle. I am just back from a visit to an Italian friend and former colleague who is now in Dubai - and believe me, I was shocked. In comparison, London seems a quiet and sleepy province town. You need to see it for reconsidering the beauty of monastic life or, at least, be happy to move in the countryside.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

You mean Arezzo is like a village?!?!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

No, not Arezzo. Sansepolcro is. It might have something like 15.000 inhabitants.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by primularossa
No, not Arezzo. Sansepolcro is. It might have something like 15.000 inhabitants.
Ah yes OK. Charming little place.