Reload this Page >

Moved to Vicenza

Moved to Vicenza

Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Clarky7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved to Vicenza

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Now Wayne, you'll get Manuela in Piacenza started about Walker's Salt & Vinegar crisps soon! (I know that is one of her weaknesses too!)

Coming from Bradford the thing we knew we would miss in Italy was a good curry but thankfully I am a bit of a dab hand in the kitchen and make my own from scratch now - funnily enough, I am doing curry for dinner tonight, complete with home made naan bread! Mmmmm.....making me hungry now

Have any of you tried an Italian curry yet? I know there are a few curry houses about in this area (I know of some in Padova and Venice) but I bet they are really mild compared to a good old Yorkshire 'Aagrah' Madras! Italian's can't take any sort of spicy food (well, those in the Veneto don't seem to anyway!)
I hear ya hun! I'm a bit of a curry coineseur myself! You make Naan? Fantastic. I'm STARVING now.

I have checked out Indians in the following places:

Mestre
Venice
2 in Padova
Verona (have yet to try the other located in Verona)

My favoutite out of them all is Rangoli, located in Padova. Second favourite is on the same street!! Here's the website for Rangoli, it will give you the address in case you are ever in the area. www.rangoli.it Nice decor and some great food. They certainly don't skip on the quality and ingredients. But as you can guess, you'll have to ask for a little extra spice in order for the "Spicy" dish to meet the "English Palette". Your right, the Italian's aren't used to any spice aprt from their "Spicy" salami. Maybe we should have a get together there on another meet!! Cristina loves the place too, she is one Italian that loves a good curry (obviously she's hooked since meeting me). I say screw the Pizzeria on our first meet, your making a curry love!! I'll bring the Kingfisher!

Last edited by Clarky7; Jan 5th 2007 at 2:03 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Clarky7
I hear ya hun! I'm a bit of a curry coineseur myself! You make Naan? Fantastic. I'm STARVING now.

I have checked out Indians in the following places:

Mestre
Venice
2 in Padova
Verona (have yet to try the other located in Verona)

My favoutite out of them all is Rangoli, located in Padova. Second favourite is on the same street!! Here's the website for Rangoli, it will give you the address in case you are ever in the area. www.rangoli.it Nice decor and some great food. They certainly don't skip on the quality and ingredients. But as you can guess, you'll have to ask for a little extra spice in order for the "Spicy" dish to meet the "English Palette". Your right, the Italian's aren't used to any spice aprt from their "Spicy" salami. Maybe we should have a get together there on another meet!! Cristina loves the place too, she is one Italian that loves a good curry (obviously she's hooked since meeting me). I say screw the Pizzeria on our first meet, your making a curry love!! I'll bring the Kingfisher!

Ooh yeah, lets all go for a curry sometime - I am sure Donna would be up for it too! With all us expats and our spice damaged tastebuds in the place we should probably warn them to get in some extra chilli powder! Well done for converting an Italian to a British traditional food (well, kind of British anyway!).
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Wayne - you have confused me (easily done but....) Rangoli's address is in Milan on their website, not Padova Is it just me or......?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Clarky7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Hey Wayne - you have confused me (easily done but....) Rangoli's address is in Milan on their website, not Padova Is it just me or......?
Hiya Carrie, just checked out the site and it's missing the address!! Very strange, I know they just updated it so maybe they forgot. I sent an e-mail with a suggestion to add the map again (also asked them to open a restaurant in Vicenza). But here's the address anyway: Via Aspetti Tiziano 116, 35133 Padova, Tel#049 605964. Punch that into www.viamichelin.com and away you go. Closest exit is Padova Ovest........gggrrrrrrr HUNGRY!!!!

Wayne
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clarky7
Hiya Carrie, just checked out the site and it's missing the address!! Very strange, I know they just updated it so maybe they forgot. I sent an e-mail with a suggestion to add the map again (also asked them to open a restaurant in Vicenza). But here's the address anyway: Via Aspetti Tiziano 116, 35133 Padova, Tel#049 605964. Punch that into www.viamichelin.com and away you go. Closest exit is Padova Ovest........gggrrrrrrr HUNGRY!!!!

Wayne
Phew, thank goodness for that - thought I was going mad! Thans for the info. Like the idea of having one in Vicenza . There are a lot of Asian people living here so I can't understand why there are no restaurants at all. Now, if I was into Chinese food I would be fine here - I was so surprised when we first moved here just how many Chinese restaurants there are.

We will definitely all go and pay them a visit soon in Padova

Speak soon
Carrie