Mouthguards

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mouthguards

I am in the unfortunate position of having to wear a mouthguard to bed as I grind my teeth very badly and chip them and all sorts. Fortunately Boyfriend is blind and therefore thinks I'm gorgeous anyway. Today I had to go to the dentist to collect my new mouthguard and it cost 110 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I had them made in NZ (where I lived before here) they cost $20 (10 euro). Shine a light.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mouthguards

I am afraid that is Italian dentists for you... We fly back to the UK every 6 months to visit our UK dentist. Much, much cheaper to do that including the cost of the hotel and our food etc. A slight hassle but well worth it as I have heard that dentists in Italy can be a bit hit and miss ~ literally!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:31 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mouthguards

Originally Posted by Sarah Clarke
I am afraid that is Italian dentists for you... We fly back to the UK every 6 months to visit our UK dentist. Much, much cheaper to do that including the cost of the hotel and our food etc. A slight hassle but well worth it as I have heard that dentists in Italy can be a bit hit and miss ~ literally!
I have no complaints about the check-up costs etc. - they are comparable with everywhere else i have been to the dentist (UK and NZ included). I also have a very good dentist here - she is Dutch and speaks perfect English and sat with me for an hour the first time I went while I told her about my dental history (which amounts to nothing but check-up and cleans, I'm lucky in that I have very good teeth but I needed to explain my phobia to her - no longer a phobia I have to say as I was part of a free scheme in the UK a few years ago to help people get over their phobias), which is why I was so shocked about the mouthguard.

hey-ho. I'll be going to NZ in the Summer so I'll get about 10 mouthguards made up while I'm there!