Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Motorbike question

Wikiposts

Motorbike question

Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motorbike question

I have a friend whose father wants to come here to visit her and bring his vintage motorbike. She doesnt want him to ride it here on account of age and health. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on how to get him and the bike here that is not excessively expensive ? He would be coming from the London area down to Piemonte. Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Doris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant future
Default Re: Motorbike question

The AutoSlaap from Holland would take him and his bike down to Alessandria, but this would involve a little riding I'm afraid.

http://www.autoslaaptrein.nl/bestemm...ie/alessandria
Old Feb 21st 2014, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

glemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Motorbike question

Originally Posted by Doris Day
The AutoSlaap from Holland would take him and his bike down to Alessandria, but this would involve a little riding I'm afraid.

http://www.autoslaaptrein.nl/bestemm...ie/alessandria
I would think its doable for him, I assume he's still a capable rider.
Depending where he is in the UK he could ideally take a ferry to the hook of holland then avoiding rush hour traffic ride to the station.
It's doable and especially if he's staying for a longer period of time.
In case he has a real collectible bike the insurance on the train is capped at Eur 37,500.
Good luck