Wikiposts

MOT question

Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:02 pm
Banned

etnaboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MOT question

This is an odd one

I will have a car with MOT due and need to take it directly to the test centre when I get off the boat (It expires that day)

Question is, can I get an MOT with the car crammed full of stuff?

I do not see any reason really why i could not, but can someone confirm?
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:07 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOT question

Originally Posted by etnaboom
This is an odd one

I will have a car with MOT due and need to take it directly to the test centre when I get off the boat (It expires that day)

Do they need to get at the boot for any reason, like checking on the spare tyre?
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:30 pm
Banned

Spare tyre is not part of MOT, i mean some cars do not have one so that cannot possibly be a requirement.. back seats and boot will be packed to the brim so there will literally be room to enter the car, run the engine open bonnet etc

I did the smart thing and called them

They said no issue but they must be able to check the seatbelts in the back seat
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

From memory the car cannot be loaded, they need to check operations of seats belts.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:44 pm
Banned

I actually rang and they said pretty much this, the boot can be packed back seat they need to check all 3 seatbelts no boot access needed in this process.

So i will put a huge single case in the back and pull it out when they do that bit then sling it back in and leave them to it
Old Jan 9th 2016, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by etnaboom
This is an odd one

Hi, I always managed to get my well packed Landrovers or motorhomes MOT'd no probs at a place in Dover, as soon as I came out of the tunnel at Folkestone.
best of luck,
'o nonno