Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

mobile phone networks?

mobile phone networks?

Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mobile phone networks?

Originally Posted by ganastasia
Agree with Philat re, SPID and Italian businesses in general. I bought a Very sim for my iPhone. It can support 2 sims so I have my UK and italian numbers in one phone. I top it up with 5.99 as/when I need it.
2 Sims in an iPhone? This is something I definitely want. Which model is this?
Old Nov 26th 2021, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

ganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the rough

Ive got an iPhone 12, They now seem to come as standard.. It has a 1 physical sim slot and capacity for an "esim" which is basically a QR code that the network provider sends you which you scan. When I was here in July, my UK sim ran out of data, Very Mobile came to the rescue and I managed to buy an e-sim online. https://verymobile.it/esim/

Old Nov 26th 2021, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive got an iPhone 12, They now seem to come as standard.. It has a 1 physical sim slot and capacity for an "esim" which is basically a QR code that the network provider sends you which you scan. When I was here in July, my UK sim ran out of data, Very Mobile came to the rescue and I managed to buy an e-sim online. https://verymobile.it/esim/
Sim cards will soon be a thing of the past. Only the top of the range phones have that feature now.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

ganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the rough

Just like the landline!
Old Nov 26th 2021, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great. I have the same but didn’t realize they existed. Should make traveling easier in future
Old Nov 26th 2021, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at virtual sims... Probably cheaper than buying Crapple phones over and over again...
Old Nov 27th 2021, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Toddled off to unieuro yesterday and bought a Wiko Y62 plus for 99 euros and Iliad for 7.99 a moth. Have yet to fathom it out! The phone Modicasa suggested is no longer in productio-they said.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Youtube on "unboxing" it if you have not got that far. Dual sim and has a battery you can take out.... not so many do these days...Good to see Iliad are still the same price!
Old Nov 27th 2021, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
There is a Youtube on "unboxing" it if you have not got that far. Dual sim and has a battery you can take out.... not so many do these days...Good to see Iliad are still the same price!
I read that Apple are going to have easy change batteries and screens on the next model.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by philat98
I read that Apple are going to have easy change batteries and screens on the next model.
I can well imagine, yet another way to fleece people no doubt.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Have a look at virtual sims... Probably cheaper than buying Crapple phones over and over again...
I think it’s the same thing as an e sim. I detest Apple but nowadays you can’t really live without a smart phone and Apple CarPlay really is on a different level. Over in Spain I have to use it for everything from restaurant booking and menu’s, parking, simple banking, hailing a cab, hiring a bike, public transport and so on. They’re even installing smart locks in our building so the days of the old Nokia with a 3 week battery life are unfortunately over