Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LOST DRIVING LICENCE

LOST DRIVING LICENCE

Old Jun 22nd 2018, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default LOST DRIVING LICENCE

My daughter lost her Italian driving licence somewhere, does anyone have recent experience regarding the process to follow, probable time scales etc.
We live in Rome, fully legal residents and UK citizens
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOST DRIVING LICENCE

I dont know about Rome, but she needs to get down to the motorizzazione and tell them, and it may require a denuncia to the police. Itll cost for a new one, but should only take a week /10 days.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris120
My daughter lost her Italian driving licence somewhere, does anyone have recent experience regarding the process to follow, probable time scales etc.
We live in Rome, fully legal residents and UK citizens
I lost mine a few years ago. So far as I remember, I just went and told the local carabinieri and they gave me something saying I'd told them about the loss and a substitute, temporary document I could drive with until a replacement appeared. (Possibly the two were the same - i.e. the denuncia of the loss may have worked as a temporary substitute.) Anyway, it wasn't a problem. The important thing was to make the denuncia. I don't remember how long a replacement took to appear, but it wasn't all that long. Maybe a month.

Last edited by Sancho; Jun 22nd 2018 at 4:26 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

thanks for the input, i found a useful page on the Ministero delle Infrastrutture e dei Trasporti web site, confirms more or less what you have said http://mit.gov.it/come-fare-per/pate...to-distruzione
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I would say get down to the Carabinieri first stop. They will issue you a document that allows you 90 days, with a further extension if necessary. This gives you ample time to do the sorting out to get a new licence.
ciao for now,
'o nonno