Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Looking to rent -anywhere under an hour from Pisa Airport :)

Looking to rent -anywhere under an hour from Pisa Airport :)

Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to rent -anywhere under an hour from Pisa Airport :)

Hello!
My husband and I are living in Lucca and are looking to leave our
wonderful house soon. Maybe you could help us find another!
Here is what we need:
Year rental
Furnished, 2-3 bedrooms house (independent?)
internet/phone accessibility
Located under an hour from the Pisa Airport
Privacy:garden/ terrace
Price: we are paying 1000€/month (not including bills, but has a private
pool) so we would like to
stay near that price but could discuss options
We prefer to leave near a town, but not necessarily in a town.
We have a car

Thanks!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:56 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to rent -anywhere under an hour from Pisa Airport :)

Can I just ask - WHY do you want to leave? I know you mentioned bad, evil neighbours - I dread to think how bad to drive you away from what you have and at that amazing price! If I could get all that in Florence for twice the price I would break your arm for it! I won't even suggest Florence or its environs because of this. Part of a castle without proper heating, no pool and shared gardens goes for €1900 in San Donato. (Not where I am BTW!)
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Can I just ask - WHY do you want to leave? I know you mentioned bad, evil neighbours - I dread to think how bad to drive you away from what you have and at that amazing price! If I could get all that in Florence for twice the price I would break your arm for it! I won't even suggest Florence or its environs because of this. Part of a castle without proper heating, no pool and shared gardens goes for €1900 in San Donato. (Not where I am BTW!)
I KNOW, it is such a pity, we might be able to stick it out, but our neighbor really is evil! P.S. We do live 'in the middle of nowhere!' so that helps keep the price down
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:11 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Do tell!

I guess your house isn't independent then? This does make a big difference. We got very lucky and our neighbour is a car park which we can't see just hear occasionally! I don't think I could go back to having neighbours - it's been too long. 3 months in an apartment with people clopping around upstairs was enough when we first moved here.

I sometimes hear about places in the sticks so will let you know if anything comes up. Florence is really easy for Pisa airport, about an hour - it takes the airport bus an hour and 10 without any problems so in a car it is a piece of cake. You could even look at places like Lastra a signa and Empoli, they look like they have some pretty areas around them as does Pistoia and Montecatini Terme - they are all on the Fi-Pi-Li so really easy for Pisa airport.