Reload this Page >

Looking for realtor/Estate Agent in Turin

Looking for realtor/Estate Agent in Turin

Old Jan 19th 2020, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

flinny01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for realtor/Estate Agent in Turin

Hi Everyone,

New member so apologies for diving into a new thread, but my other half has found her ideal job in Turin, and in an effort to pre empt panic, and do some research, i've jumped on here, for some much needed advice, and maybe even make some contacts too.

The short tl:dr version is that i'm looking for a reliable realtor or estate agent that has a good knowledge of the Turin area, if anyone has any recommendations.

We are looking to buy a flat in the Turin area to live, but I will also be looking to buy a second property to renovate/update with a view to sell every 6 months to a year as my form of income (based on a few years experience doing similar in the UK). I'm beginning to get an understanding of the procedures, costs and the Italian way of doing things, but was looking for that perfect person, that can recommend 'doer uppers' and benefit from regular commissions etc.

I understand that a lot of sales happen privately, so I am happy to discuss with any reliable honest folks that are familiar with the above too.

Many thanks,

Adam (and Lucy - currently living in Scotland with a dog called Mojo)

Old Jan 20th 2020, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for realtor/Estate Agent in Turin

Welcome and good luck to you all if this comes off.
The usual advice for newcomers is to rent first before buying. This I recommend wholeheartedly: renting is fairly easy with a wide selection of available properties and it'll mean you'll be able to find your feet and locate the right neighbourhood for a more permanent purchase later. The property market in Italy is vastly different to the UK in that the market here is stagnant; it has nothing like the flexibility and speed of turnover of the UK. There is a huge surplus of available and/or unoccupied property here with many that have remained unsold for five, ten or even more years. Italy just isn't as affluent as the UK. I believe that agency fees are higher here: I had heard 3% being charged to both the buyer and seller, though I may be wrong. If right, this would serve as another brake to the market.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Clicking on this link: https://www.fiaip.it/trova-lagente-fiap-di-zona/ will take you the fiaip website and you can see all the FIAIP agents in the area. At least you will be sure to have used a legal agent, with a code of practise and insurance.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

flinny01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks both of you for your replies, I will have a closer look at the Fiaip website and get some details from that.

I've been doing my best with some initial research, and I certainly agree that rental is the best option initially. My partner would have to move out, and see if she likes the job, and the area of course. I have my business and our current house to sell, so there wouldn't be any rash decisions. Even if she moved out next month, it would be the end of the summer before I would be in any position to consider the full relocation. Based on what I have read so far, the market has been on a decline, (although this seems to be slowing) but many of the Istat figures are national, and so are affected by the large numbers of crumbling country piles which as you have said may have sat empty for years.

According to a few websites the new house market is on the rise with Turin recording new home sales increases of 11% in 2018, and I can understand why people are buying into these rather than properties that require substantial work on interior and structurally too.

Certainly some of the properties I have been looking at are very dated on the interior, but in popular cities such as Turin and Milan, where new builds aren't an option in built up and historic city centers perhaps a modern renovation may be the solution for home buyers once you hit the suburbs and commuter belts. But I do fully appreciate what you are saying, and I will certainly look at the rental rather than resale option.

Thanks again, and always appreciate any other comments of suggestions

Adam
Old Jan 24th 2020, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the dream while it lasts.