Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Looking to buy Calabria

Looking to buy Calabria

Old May 24th 2020, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Kathy0703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to buy Calabria

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me any helpful advice when it comes to buying in Italy? The seller is English which I hope will make things easier? Just wondering if anybody could estimate yearly tax bills on a property costing £79000? What is the market like, is there room for bargaining do you think? The property I am looking at is remote and been on the market a couple of years, we are looking at buying as a second home, doubt we will be able to move there because of Brexit and not ready to retire for 5 years yet.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to buy Calabria

It wont be easier because the seller is British. The house is remote and been on the market for yonks and with Coronavirus nobody else will be looking this year. And its Calabria so yes, make an offer - at most 70, and see what happens. It is I presume a private sale? Keep your wits about you. ASk for paperwork, and then more paperwork. Dont sign anything till youre 100 sure.
Old May 25th 2020, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Do as Modi says, except offer 60,000....
Old May 26th 2020, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Please do your research on what paperwork is required In particular ask for a copy of the official plan of the house and check that the house complies with the plan that you have been given otherwise it could be that work has been done without permission and you could cop any back tax/fines It will not be the first time a Brit has done this Personally I would start at 50K
Old May 26th 2020, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Well you could start 10K, but as none of us has seen the house or knows anything about it, it would be best not to piss off the owner entirely making a ridiculous offer.
Old May 26th 2020, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! And they may just shoot you at that.... As always Modi is of course correct, so if you really like the house and want it, do NOT take my advice
Old May 27th 2020, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Ha! And they may just shoot you at that.... As always Modi is of course correct, so if you really like the house and want it, do NOT take my advice
The vendor is British and British don't shoot people,lol.Houses that me and other expats here paid 100000 for over 10 years ago are only selling for between 50 and 60 grand. Being both Brits the OP might have a chance of a deal,but shouldn't take the piss.
Old May 27th 2020, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Depends how desperate the owner is to sell of course doesn't it? Personally in these times if I had a committed buyer who wanted to pay less than the asking price I would sell at even 20K less
Old May 27th 2020, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

PastaPasta is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a buyers dream at the moment and you will definately be able to get it much cheaper.
Old May 27th 2020, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

PastaPasta is an unknown quantity at this point

My thoughts!
Old May 27th 2020, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brian I forgot they were both Brits, well done.... So, we sold to Brits and did the deal between us in stirling, it saved both parties a lot of hassle (and money). We did have to still povide evidence of payments to the Notary and have the amounts converted for the documents and taxes.
But I can't agree with you on the shooting lark, many here in the UK are getting shot these days
Old May 28th 2020, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Brian I forgot they were both Brits, well done.... So, we sold to Brits and did the deal between us in stirling, it saved both parties a lot of hassle (and money). We did have to still povide evidence of payments to the Notary and have the amounts converted for the documents and taxes.
But I can't agree with you on the shooting lark, many here in the UK are getting shot these days
I know,I live on the edge of East London.They're just drug dealers,they can get on with it,lol.
Old May 29th 2020, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Trouble is Brian they kill innocent passers-by as well.
Old May 29th 2020, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Geordieborn;12859314]Trouble is Brian they kill innocent passers-by as well.[That's true,I was a bit flippant,sorry.