Life in Milan

Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

bantell999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Life in Milan

Hello Everyone!

I'm completely new to this forum, but I was wondering if I could ask for people's experiences/knowledge on life in Milan as a British Expat?

I'm a 27 year old guy and look to have a semi-permanent (2 year) job opportunity coming my way, sometime early next year on the outskirts of Milan. However, I personally have only visited the city on short business trips and was hoping someone on here would be willing to share their experiences on living in Milan? Everything from the best places to live/avoid, what the social scene/nightlife is like, is there a strong expat community out there in my sort of age range and finally just any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I would possibly be keen to pick up bar work at the weekend to help meet new people and for a few extra pennies, is this sort of work easy to find?

Many thanks once again!
Old Sep 12th 2021, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

scrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Life in Milan

I can't give any advice on living in Milan as I've never done so, but I've passed through it a number of times and spent numerous nights there, I was just there ten days ago for a couple of nights. It's a fantastic city. If you've already spent several short trips there then you'll know this already. Usually I would always come to my place from Turin, I'm basically equal distance from both cities, but it always seems easier from Turin. Since covid, there are no flights from London to Turin (I think this changes finally next month), so I've spent more time than I usually would in Milan this past year and a half.

I know this doesn't answer any of your queries, I'm sure someone will come along soon with a better message. I just wanted to say welcome.
Old Feb 16th 2022, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Sofs888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I was just wondering if you decided to take the job or not?! I am in a similar position, I'm 25 (will be 26 when I get there) but would like to know a bit more before making the move!

Would be great to hear if you found anymore info or if you made the move
Old Mar 5th 2022, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

AlbertoM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Alberto here, after 12 years in London I'm back to Milan where I am originally from.
I'd be more than happy to assist anyone to get around and settle in Milan!
Old Mar 15th 2022, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Sofs888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Alberto,

I have accepted the job and will b making the move!! Got 0 idea about anything in Milan but currently struggling through the visa process anyway ahah!! Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated