Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LIDL - British Week

LIDL - British Week

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:04 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIDL - British Week

Thing is though, sometimes, just sometimes, it is really nice to eat crap!! All we've eaten all weekend is cakes and sweets etc. but when I came to make tea tonight all I had in was a packet of quick cook polenta with cheese, which me and Antonia really like but it didn't feel enough. I went out to buy milk and there, staring me in the face was a jar of Barilla ragu....It tasted wonderful with the polenta! In fact it reminded me of cow and gate baby food - for some reason I have a really strong memory of certain baby foods and one was the C&G beef dinner and the other the chocolate pud! This tasted just like the beef dinner! Pure comfort food!!

Lidl had some interesting things in the newsletter - there was a fan/heater that looked interesting, maybe I'll go down and have a look tomorrow.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:46 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I didn't buy the sauces, but they were the right colour! Did buy some Chinese Sweet and Sour crisps though. Delicious. Only problem is that I'm reading a book at the moment called "Not on the Label" about, amongst other things, the evils of processed foods. Although the real villains appear to be the supermarkets. I haven't learnt anything new but it has reminded me of a few things I have read before.
Always, always read the labels (drives hubby bonkers) and that's enough to scare you!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:54 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Darn it, was writing in a rush TR. Yes I meant Lidl!!! Got ikea on the brain though as I saw some fab fabric when I was last there and seeing as I went through all my winter skirts last week and only 1still fits where I have now lost quite a bit of weight, I was thinking of going to get some material to knock up a coupla skirts for the winter.... as I'm still not exactly a size 8 and I can't face doing what dh has suggested and going up to a larger lady here and saying 'oi you're fat, where do you get your clothes from'... and yes I'm a bit like that sometimes Those mini daim bars are fatal too, as are the biscuits that are a bit like jammy dodgers but with a lemony filling.... oh and the meatballs and the nice sauce to go with your meatballs... maybe i should go to lidl and just buy icing sugar!!
There's a stall at the market that produce larger size (and they're not chinese). Trouble is, they only come in black or variations on the theme.

Saw some lovely xmas decorations in the Ikea catologue which I want to check out next time I'm in Turin (already sent out a clean up alert) and while I'm there I might as well pick up some jam dodger things. Picked up a couple of custard cream pkts at the British Shop a couple of weeks ago. Keeping them for a crisis.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
There's a stall at the market that produce larger size (and they're not chinese). Trouble is, they only come in black or variations on the theme.

Saw some lovely xmas decorations in the Ikea catologue which I want to check out next time I'm in Turin (already sent out a clean up alert) and while I'm there I might as well pick up some jam dodger things. Picked up a couple of custard cream pkts at the British Shop a couple of weeks ago. Keeping them for a crisis.
Maybe we should go to IKEA insieme 37100 (That'll please the OH no end!!) you can sample my 'interesting' driving then! We have a packet of bourbons that we are saving for the middle of this month and then we are hoping to get through to xmas when we are going back to UK. Sad isn't it, but true. Which market has that stall? The trouble with me is that I'm fussy and like to try things on and you can't always do that at the market.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:22 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

What's happening at the middle of the month?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by duffer
What's happening at the middle of the month?
We will be dipping bourbons in our tea and eating them!!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:00 pm
Concierge

We will be dipping bourbons in our tea and eating them!!
We, my brothers and I, weren't allowed to dunk and I still can't bring myself to do it.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:06 pm
Concierge

Maybe we should go to IKEA insieme 37100 (That'll please the OH no end!!) you can sample my 'interesting' driving then! We have a packet of bourbons that we are saving for the middle of this month and then we are hoping to get through to xmas when we are going back to UK. Sad isn't it, but true. Which market has that stall? The trouble with me is that I'm fussy and like to try things on and you can't always do that at the market.
Ikea together it is then. We heading for To tomorrow. Oh has promised to do the cleaning. Not worried about your driving, just about the postman Pat car going round corners on two wheels. Let me know when you want to go. It doesn't make any difference to me. Bare in mind that I have to beg computer time from youngest so ring me if you're mails don't get a reply.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:25 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

We, my brothers and I, weren't allowed to dunk and I still can't bring myself to do it.
Have you seen what Peter Kay has to say on this subject??

"DUNK ME!!"

I thought you were a Northern Lass?? Or has that been adopted by other family members?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:00 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Have you seen what Peter Kay has to say on this subject??

"DUNK ME!!"

I thought you were a Northern Lass?? Or has that been adopted by other family members?
Nooo. Essex girl. Mum's from the east end with a Scottish father and my father's from Herts. Mum's in Blackpool because she was an evecuated to family (sort of) there and she always holiday'd there as a child.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:21 pm
The Original Red Head!

So adopted then! Bet she has fun this time of year with the lights! Lol! I've heard the resort has gone up market from when I used to go 'cos of the arrival of the Pink Pound!! Having said that if I had to choose between Southend and Blackpool I'd probably pick Blackpool too! Is she more Lytham way? It's nice out there.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ikea together it is then. We heading for To tomorrow. Oh has promised to do the cleaning. Not worried about your driving, just about the postman Pat car going round corners on two wheels. Let me know when you want to go. It doesn't make any difference to me. Bare in mind that I have to beg computer time from youngest so ring me if you're mails don't get a reply.
How about thursday then? I will try and remember to change down gears to go round corners... hope they have the xmas decs otherwise we might just have to go back again! I might come to your house if your dh is going to be doing the cleaning. He might be able to teach me those words I want to know...
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also no bourbons for you if you don't dunk ;-)
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:10 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
So adopted then! Bet she has fun this time of year with the lights! Lol! I've heard the resort has gone up market from when I used to go 'cos of the arrival of the Pink Pound!! Having said that if I had to choose between Southend and Blackpool I'd probably pick Blackpool too! Is she more Lytham way? It's nice out there.
Blackpool? Gone up market? I must have missed something. True, Pontin's has closed, but it'll take a lot more to move up market. They are making a good job of the front though. Mum lives In St Annes, never goes near Blackpool during the lights. BTW Lytham house prices have gone sky high. I condensed the tale of how she came to be in Blackpool considerably. I'd opt for Southend just because it's home ground. Blackpool is just bigger, dirtier, noisier and smellier version. The only real difference is the accent.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:14 am
Concierge

How about thursday then? I will try and remember to change down gears to go round corners... hope they have the xmas decs otherwise we might just have to go back again! I might come to your house if your dh is going to be doing the cleaning. He might be able to teach me those words I want to know...

Tomorrow it is then. Same time, same place? If you really want to learn a few words we'll get him to drive.

p.s. they where putting out they xmas decs last time I went. Still, you can't see them in all in one go, can you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.