Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LIDL - British Week

LIDL - British Week

Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:55 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIDL - British Week

Panna agra. I had posted a photo of the plastic jar somewhere in this forum because of a similar request. I bought some the other day for 89c from Interspar on offer.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

I was really after the balsamic vineger kettle chips.__( Duffer said)________________
I got them, well actually 3 bags, and they were horrible!!!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:35 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

So not like the Kettle Chips version of the same flavour? Pity.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:40 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Or panna acidica. Ikea crisps are a good sub for kettle chips - which I can get from Esselunga anyway - but the ikea ones are cheaper and crispier.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
What about Sour cream anyone get that....I can not find it anywhere...is it called panna amaro?
I can't get any sort of cream except the watery stuff or the squirty cans
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:36 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret M
I can't get any sort of cream except the watery stuff or the squirty cans
Have you tried the UHT panna da montare in the little tetrapak cartons? It's not the same as the panna da cucina that is only for cooking.

It's needs to be really cold before whipping it. It's better than the squirty stuff.

In some places you can get fresh cream - in the fridge section where the milk is - but that's more like our single cream. You can taste it is fresh though.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at some of these photos so you know what to look out for next time you're shopping ....

http://images.google.it/images?hl=it...ed=0CB4QsAQwAw
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Have you tried the UHT panna da montare in the little tetrapak cartons? It's not the same as the panna da cucina that is only for cooking.

It's needs to be really cold before whipping it. It's better than the squirty stuff.

In some places you can get fresh cream - in the fridge section where the milk is - but that's more like our single cream. You can taste it is fresh though.
Yes, I do use the panna da montare, but really like the UK double cream, and I've not seen that anywhere. As you say the fresh cream is really like our single cream. So, it looks like no fresh double cream here then.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:55 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

I have looked for proper double cream for stuff like ice-cream making and had to use the Panna da Montare..which produce not really good results. Fresh cream is also Molto caro, don't you think, coming in at a whopping €5 for 1/2 pint.

Last edited by Gio; Oct 27th 2009 at 7:02 am.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ernesto
I have looked for proper double cream for stuff like ice-cream making and had to use the Panna da Montare..which produce not really good results. Fresh cream is also Molto caro, don't you think, coming in at a whopping €5 for 1/2 pint.
yes i totally agree. It is one of the things I really miss actually double cream.... I have managed to whip single here with a bit of icing sugar added but it doesn't hold as well and is too sweet.... cream is good to cut through things that are too sweet imho...
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I have just been to Lidl (to buy icing sugar in a big box) and it is now Chinese week. A variety of sweet and sour sauces, prawn crackers and Chicken tikka masala flavour crisps. I don't understand the connection either.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I have just been to Lidl (to buy icing sugar in a big box) and it is now Chinese week. A variety of sweet and sour sauces, prawn crackers and Chicken tikka masala flavour crisps. I don't understand the connection either.
icing sugar in a big box!! Now that sounds more exciting than Tikka Masala crisps.... wonder if it will be peking duck flavoured ones when it is indian week! Must go back to ikea and look harder!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:36 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Ikea?? Do you mean Lidl?

Did you get any sauces or anything? Don't think I could do chicken tikka crisps I must admit!!!

I DID go to Ikea last week and got 3 bags of their crisps for a euro each. They are very good! Got a really good pillow too, I've slept really well since I got it! Also got a big bag of mini daim bars which have gone. Oh well, just have to go again!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Ikea?? Do you mean Lidl?

Did you get any sauces or anything? Don't think I could do chicken tikka crisps I must admit!!!

I DID go to Ikea last week and got 3 bags of their crisps for a euro each. They are very good! Got a really good pillow too, I've slept really well since I got it! Also got a big bag of mini daim bars which have gone. Oh well, just have to go again!
Darn it, was writing in a rush TR. Yes I meant Lidl!!! Got ikea on the brain though as I saw some fab fabric when I was last there and seeing as I went through all my winter skirts last week and only 1still fits where I have now lost quite a bit of weight, I was thinking of going to get some material to knock up a coupla skirts for the winter.... as I'm still not exactly a size 8 and I can't face doing what dh has suggested and going up to a larger lady here and saying 'oi you're fat, where do you get your clothes from'... and yes I'm a bit like that sometimes Those mini daim bars are fatal too, as are the biscuits that are a bit like jammy dodgers but with a lemony filling.... oh and the meatballs and the nice sauce to go with your meatballs... maybe i should go to lidl and just buy icing sugar!!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I didn't buy the sauces, but they were the right colour! Did buy some Chinese Sweet and Sour crisps though. Delicious. Only problem is that I'm reading a book at the moment called "Not on the Label" about, amongst other things, the evils of processed foods. Although the real villains appear to be the supermarkets. I haven't learnt anything new but it has reminded me of a few things I have read before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.