Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

leaving the house?

leaving the house?

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: leaving the house?

Only 1 family member to do a shop. Two in a car if one is driving and the other is in the back seat.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
Only 1 family member to do a shop. Two in a car if one is driving and the other is in the back seat.
The law for driving seems to say no restriction for seating of family members in a car. Has the law changed since 17 March?
https://motori.virgilio.it/info-util...e-moto/140126/
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
... Has the law changed since 17 March?
You can say that again.

At a national level:
21/03/20 Ordinanza Ministero di Salute
22/03/20 Ordinanza Ministero di Salute

At a Regional level, it obviously depends on which Region. I don't know the situation in Umbria, but for example in Le Marche:
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_9 del 17 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_10 del 19 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_11 del 20 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_12 del 20 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_13 del 21 marzo 2020_COVID-19

And obviously anything else that has happened in the last few hours. HTH

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serrano
You can say that again.

At a national level:
21/03/20 Ordinanza Ministero di Salute
22/03/20 Ordinanza Ministero di Salute

At a Regional level, it obviously depends on which Region. I don't know the situation in Umbria, but for example in Le Marche:
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_9 del 17 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_10 del 19 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_11 del 20 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_12 del 20 marzo 2020_COVID-19
Regione Marche_Ordinanza n_13 del 21 marzo 2020_COVID-19

And obviously anything else that has happened in the last few hours. HTH
That is too much stuff to take in. Where does it say about driving the car with passengers? Isn't Pesaro Urbino a red zone too?

Last edited by philat98; Mar 23rd 2020 at 3:34 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

That is too much stuff to take in. Where does it say about driving the car with passengers? Isn't Pesaro Urbino a red zone too?
You're right, there's a lot, and it's being added to all the time. I gave the full list simply to illustrate how many times the rules are changing (or beconing more precisely defined in some cases). Obviously the list I gave will be out of date in a day or two, so I was trying to indicate the scale of the problem that everybody has keeping up to date.

To take the last point first, as far as I know the entire country is now considered equally, in effect the restrictions applied to the "red" zones were extended to cover everywhere (on 11 March I think) after which all national government legislation applies to everyone. Regional legislation obviously only applies to people in that Region.

As for the "passenger in cars" bit I can't find any explicit rule (though as you say, there is a lot to wade through, and the PDFs of the legislation aren't usually searchable). However, this Government FAQ says:

Quanti passeggeri possono viaggiare in automobile? Si può andare in due in moto? Le auto possono essere utilizzate da più passeggeri solo se si rispetta la distanza minima di un metro. Non è possibile andare in due in moto, non essendo possibile la distanza minima di un metro. Questi limiti non valgono se i mezzi sono utilizzati solo da persone conviventi.

So no restrictions on people who live together. People who don't must remain a metre apart in the vehicle. Thus two people in front or rear seats - no. Driver plus one passenger in rear on passenger side - you'd have to get a tape measure. A vehicle with three rows of seats - probably legal with driver plus one passenger in rear row.
Basically what you yourself said before ...

But these last considerations are missing the fundamental point. If it's not someone you live with, don't go in a vehicle with them even if technically the law says you are OK. Common sense says you're not.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Two policeman came yesterday to our block to stop boys playing football. I noticed they were both sat in the front seats.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Two policeman came yesterday to our block to stop boys playing football. I noticed they were both sat in the front seats.
Perhaps they live together ...
Old Mar 24th 2020, 7:33 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Heads up everyone. The auto-certificazione changed again last night.

Get the new version here if you need to leave your house.

https://www.poliziadistato.it/artico...8342c286827631

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...one-252112207/
Old Mar 24th 2020, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Heads up everyone. The auto-certificazione changed again last night.

Get the new version here if you need to leave your house.

https://www.poliziadistato.it/artico...8342c286827631

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...one-252112207/
Good business for people who sell photocopy paper and ink cartridges.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 8:33 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Good business for people who sell photocopy paper and ink cartridges.
Not to mention all the teachers posting worksheets on the school website to be printed and filled in for homework to be checked when school opens again. Thank goodness most of Alex's teachers have now switched to Word and are asking the students to email their homework. I have to say that it was painful watching Alex trying to do his first Italian homework on Word. They are so used to scribbling their answers in the textbook itself or in their 'quaderni'. In the end I just told him to type and I would tidy up the margins, add the Italian spellcheck and all his missing apostrophes. I have a big computer screen and I can't imagine trying to work with Word or Excel on a phone screen.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Mar 24th 2020 at 8:39 am.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

They have issued a new self certification. https://www.quotidiano.net/cronaca/a...-pdf-1.5082818
Old Mar 28th 2020, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pica
I read somewhere about a form needed that gives permission to leave the house.Does anyone know where I can locate it online please?
How is it going Pica? They have created the first red zone in Umbria today. All the access roads are blocked with concrete barriers to make sure the citizens stay put.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Still in lockdown. He shops once a week as he's the driver. I haven't left our property for almost 2 weeks. We had snow and now rain. Misery but we're healthy.
Hope you're OK.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I see the lockdown is to be extended to 15th April, sad but necessary.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pica
I see the lockdown is to be extended to 15th April, sad but necessary.
Does anyone believe for one second that it will be lifted on 15th April? In my opinion not a cat in hell's chance, and rightly so.

FWIW I don't know whether it is by convention or law (though I suspect the latter) but measures of this type are always time-limited - however once the measures are in place, the time can be relatively easily extended. I have no problems with that as a concept.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.