Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Just wanted to introduce myself...

Just wanted to introduce myself...

Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

catwoman66 will become famous soon enough
Default Just wanted to introduce myself...

I came across this site by chance, how nice though other expats, I'm from the kent but have been living here in Italy, Monza for the last 20 years...ok won't bore you all to tears just wanted to say hello/ciao cat
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:03 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just wanted to introduce myself...

Ciao Catwoman!
You don't happen to have access to the BBC do you?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by duffer
Ciao Catwoman!
You don't happen to have access to the BBC do you?
Just BBC prime, why? Did you want to watch Corrie???
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:25 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Corrie?? I don't think so.
EastEnders!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Take it you still haven't got your satellite dish sorted out then, Duffer?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:51 pm
Pull my finger

No. I am still dishless. I blew my dish budget on repairing my car. I accidently filled my diesel car with €40 worth of petrol. Those very nice people at VW billed me €210. That's the €250 I had intended for my 120cm dish.

Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Povero Duffer Hope the car is better now and you have learnt the difference between petrol and diesel - not a mistake you will make again I am sure.

Better get saving again for that dish eh?.....
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:05 pm
Pull my finger

Yeah. I normally put Blu Diesel in the car and I accidently put Super Blu. It didn't help that there was an cardboard cut-out advert for Blu Diesel placed right on top of the Super Blu pump! Expensive mistake...
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I normally put Blu Diesel in the car and I accidently put Super Blu. It didn't help that there was an cardboard cut-out advert for Blu Diesel placed right on top of the Super Blu pump! Expensive mistake...
I put 10 quids worth of petrol in a diesel van once, I just filled the tank right up with diesel, let it settle and drove away.
Made sure the level didn`t go down too far before refilling and it gradually blended in .
Old Apr 10th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Corrie?? I don't think so.
EastEnders!!
I second you Just seen the other messages about diesel/petrol, good grief!!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:03 am
Pull my finger

Well I put in about 30 litres of petrol and drove about 300m until the engine tanked out. I ran back to the petrol station to double check and it was only then that I realised the situation. My tank can hold about 55 litres of fuel but I don't think mixing some diesel would have helped. I reckon a ration of 4 to 1 (diesel to petrol) would be okay but anything lower just won't work.

I bet your van sounded rough for a few days!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:06 am
Pull my finger

BTW Catwoman,

Welcome to the site!

Do you know of any nice pizzerias in Monza?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

BTW Catwoman,

Welcome to the site!

Do you know of any nice pizzerias in Monza?
Just my local take away down the road which reminds me I'm ordering now for later thanks for the welcome, btw where does everyone come from, now and originally? Anyone from the Monza area?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

amarie1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello just joined and looking for activities for me and my 18 month year old daughter. I moved to Como two months ago and have found a swimming class and english speaking mum and tots group in Milan. Does anyone know of anything else? Also looking for child care/ nanny for one day a week.

To the person who asked about english speaking italian schools, there are a couple of international schools in Milan and one in Como.

Ciao.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:38 am
Just Joined

monzagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi catwoman

I just came across this site myself - and saw that we're neighbours...
I'm also living in Monza and have been here now the last 5 years so am fairly settled at this stage.

Let me know if you'd ever like to meet up for a coffee..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.