Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

ITALY resident exit to UK and passport control

ITALY resident exit to UK and passport control

Old Dec 12th 2021, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ITALY resident exit to UK and passport control

I'm wondering what's going happen to me over Christmas ......

I'm flying to Einhoven to visit my son in Germany, just over the border and I will be flying back from Eindhoven to Rome.
I'm resident in Italy, but haven't got the biometric card yet so I will be travelling with my "new" UK passport

Definitely think I should take my permesso di soggiorno permanente ....

Just hope nobody stops me to check anything

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 12th 2021, 7:07 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
I'm wondering what's going happen to me over Christmas ......

I'm flying to Einhoven to visit my son in Germany, just over the border and I will be flying back from Eindhoven to Rome.
I'm resident in Italy, but haven't got the biometric card yet so I will be travelling with my "new" UK passport

Definitely think I should take my permesso di soggiorno permanente ....

Just hope nobody stops me to check anything

Any suggestions?
Howdy, popping in from BeNeLux.

Rome - Eindoven- Rome is within Schengen, so I would not expect there to be any passport control, but you would at some point need to provide proof of identity.

I think that your shiny new UK passport backed with the Italian permanent residence document will not be a problem, it's merely "proof of identity" that will be being looked for at some point.

I've flown Schengen-Schengen many times over the last few years, and have usually had to use my UK passport as proof of identity as my Swiss 'permis de sejour' was not considered valid for travel purposes.

Two years ago I flew Amsterdam - Valencia then back Alicante - Amsterdam using my newly obtained Belgian id card, no passport required anywhere.

Hope that you get your new card soon.
Old Dec 13th 2021, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with post above. Once you're inside Schengen zone, your passport isn't routinely checked. Happened to me on recent post Brex travel to France and Portugal. Still need to show ID document for flights.