Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian politics 2014

Wikiposts

Italian politics 2014

Old Feb 17th 2014, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future
Default Italian politics 2014

Assuming that politics (and women ?) are not off limits, does anyone want to predict who will disappear first " like snaw aff a dyke", Renzi or i grillini?
Old Feb 17th 2014, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Italian politics 2014

Both !
Old Feb 18th 2014, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian politics 2014

Well the markets seem to like Renzi. Italian government bonds are at 10 year lows. 3.55% tonight on the 10 year. Returns of over 50% since the dark days of 2011 and anyone who mentioned the 'default' word now looking very silly.
Now don't shoot me as I'm only the messenger but there is some market talk that Renzi could go the full term ie to 2018.

Last edited by Capo Boi; Feb 18th 2014 at 7:05 am.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Capo
Now don't shoot me as I'm only the messenger but there is some market talk that Renzi could go the full term ie to 2018.
seems spectacularly premature, particularly in an Italian context.

He hasn't even created a team yet.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Two things had prompted my comment:
A) 5 Stelle had not presented themselves at the Sardinian regional election (because they had taken a thrashing at other local polls since the General Election? The Sardinian results seem to indicate that the left-leaning electorate who supported them in 2013 have returned to PD, disillusioned by the immaturity of the 5 Stelle in Parliament),
B) Renzi won the primary for Secretary of the PD, not the premiership. He has gained the premiership with less than a unanimous vote of his own party.

Since then, formation of a government team has been difficult and this seems to indicate that personalities of stature are wary that Renzi is yet another "mouth and no trousers".

As to the bond prices, I put that down to Monti followed by Letta and it may be a question of their choice of tailor; after all, has anyone actually heard that any of those famous debts of the Public Administration towards suppliers have actually been paid?