Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian pension

Italian pension

Old Apr 19th 2024, 12:43 am
Just Joined

icas55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian pension

Hi, I'm new to this and hope I have the right section!
I lived and worked in Italy for 15 hears but moved back to UK 18 years ago (!) . Last Sept I claimed by Italian state pension having retired from teaching in UK I was informed that it will take average of a year for the first payment to be made and in the meantime I am not able to undertake any paid work. Has anyone else had to wait this long under the same conditions? They said INPS checks with HMRC that people are no longer working. Is this likely? I ask because i would like to do some casual work in June and, though not an employee, payments would be made via PAYE. I wonder whether the risk is too great and what the consequences would be if they checked.
Answers from anyone with knowledge or experience would be great!!
Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2024, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian pension

Thats not your old age pension but a pensione anticipata is that right? If so, yes, its a bizzarre Italian rule that you have to retire, claim your pension and then wait for them to decide how much you will get, and do the calculations and then write you a cheque. I find it odd that you want to know how much pension you will get, you have to give up your job first. Very Italian. It might be easier for you to get DWP to do the legwork on your contributions on your behalf.. -
Old Apr 20th 2024, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian pension

So are you getting the UK state pension because if so normally when you apply for it you are asked if you have worked abroad and if the answer is yes then the DWP contacts the relevant authority and sorts it all out for you.