Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Passport Process

Italian Passport Process

Old Oct 7th 2021, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

scrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the rough
Default Italian Passport Process

Afternoon all,

So now that I have my Italian ID, Italian phone number, codice fiscale and SPID (all for the first time ever, on this very trip), I can finally do my Italian passport. I have a quick query for you all. I would like to know what is the entire process of getting a passport? It sounds different to back home in the UK where you just go into a passport office in Victoria. Apparently I go to the Questura, they ask me to go and get a couple of stamps from a tabbacheria of all places and then bring these stamps back to them? I understand I am going to need to pay 42.5 euros and 73.5 euros, is this correct? Can I do it all by cash?

Is there anybody who can tell me what the entire process entails and if there is anything complicated at any point? Bear in mind I am not fluent in Italian and those long-ass Italian words can sometimes flummox me.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Passport Process

Follow the instructions here.
https://www.passaportonline.poliziad...loginCittadino
Old Oct 7th 2021, 2:06 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
Bare in mind not fluent in Italian ---- but has everything. Boh?
Old Oct 7th 2021, 2:18 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curunir
Afternoon all,

So now that I have my Italian ID, Italian phone number, codice fiscale and SPID (all for the first time ever, on this very trip), I can finally do my Italian passport. I have a quick query for you all. I would like to know what is the entire process of getting a passport? It sounds different to back home in the UK where you just go into a passport office in Victoria. Apparently I go to the Questura, they ask me to go and get a couple of stamps from a tabbacheria of all places and then bring these stamps back to them? I understand I am going to need to pay 42.5 euros and 73.5 euros, is this correct? Can I do it all by cash?

Is there anybody who can tell me what the entire process entails and if there is anything complicated at any point? Bear in mind I am not fluent in Italian and those long-ass Italian words can sometimes flummox me.

When did we ever rock up at Victoria and get a passport handed to us? Of course it is different. It's a different country. You have to start online to begin the process at the Questura, Polizia Di Stato website and wait for them to give you an appointment where you can turn up in person to hand over your payment proof of €42.50 by bollettino postale (a Post Office payment Slip) and the rest by yes, dragging yourself to an old fashioned tabbacheria of all places, to buy some tax stamps and they might accept a bancomat, otherwise get your cash out. You'll need photos too. These also will need to be done in person and not selfies so pay the photography shop.

How old are you? We can all tell you what the entire process entails and this is Italy, it can get complicated at any time, but none of us came here sounding and behaving like we are entitled to anything.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Oct 7th 2021 at 2:22 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

scrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat086 is a jewel in the rough

Am I crazy or am I detecting some kind of animosity in your words? Either I must have worded my initial message incorrectly or you have interpreted them the wrong way. Either way, I just wanted some friendly words from the community from people who had experience, I didn't mean to come across like an entitled prat if I did. I must need to work on my wording, or perhaps you just need to chill, or both lol
Old Oct 7th 2021, 2:56 pm

Am I crazy or am I detecting some kind of animosity in your words? Either I must have worded my initial message incorrectly or you have interpreted them the wrong way. Either way, I just wanted some friendly words from the community from people who had experience, I didn't mean to come across like an entitled prat if I did. I must need to work on my wording, or perhaps you just need to chill, or both lol
You could have said something like "thanks for any help" -------- or " I appreciate any help" which you did not and would have made you sound less entitled and made us more friendly, myself at least. You want friendly words from a community? Be friendly. Perhaps you do need to work on your wording. Most of us have been here for a long time and we are used to the bullshit of getting tax stamps from the old fashioned tabaccheria- but we still do it and we still give good advice. What I told you isn't incorrect. Good luck to you. It will take weeks if not months now because of Covid.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

You are way too sensitive to be fair. Maybe you're having a hard day or something so I understand, it's all good. If you don't like the way something was worded you could have maybe not said anything rather than be passive aggressive? Just saying. If I did word something incorrectly or not friendly enough for your standards perhaps silence is better, especially considering I don't think I was rude or aggressive myself.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:26 pm

You are way too sensitive to be fair. Maybe you're having a hard day or something so I understand, it's all good. If you don't like the way something was worded you could have maybe not said anything rather than be passive aggressive? Just saying. If I did word something incorrectly or not friendly enough for your standards perhaps silence is better, especially considering I don't think I was rude or aggressive myself.

WTF? Pot. Kettle. Black? I am your moderator because I am fair, not passive/aggressive and I have 30 years of good, Italian advice which I shared with you. Why are you getting all upset and defensive? Entitled? Cross that somebody didn't immediately tell you that you're right? Guess what? It's my birthday today. I couldn't give a **** who you are, what you want, what you need or what advice you asked for. I came here just to say thanks to the posters wishing me well, to say thanks to them, and I decided to answer you too with good advice.....because I'm kind like that. I could have linked you to a dozen Italian Police websites - but I read that you're not fluent and long-ass words flummox you, so I was kind, thoughtful and told you the initial steps to take in ENGLISH - with yes a sarky comment .... and you still can't say thank you.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Happy Birthday to you.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Lorna you old baddie... I would suggest the OP have a look at your posts and just see how helpful you have been to many here!
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:47 pm

Happy Birthday to you.
Thank you.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Happy birthday Lorna you old baddie... I would suggest the OP have a look at your posts and just see how helpful you have been to many here!
Awww thanks so much xxx Now I've finished fighting - I might have a drink or two. I even bought cakes.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:56 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually quite simple to obtain a passport. You need to book an appointment online using your SPID or CIE. Fill in the online form. Print a copy and sign. Pay the bollettino €42.50 at post office following the instructions on how and to whom online. Get a virtual bollo from a tabacchi €73.50. Make sure you tell them that it's for a passport. Take the form, photos, bollettino and bollo receipt to your appointment. As it's you first passport, all you fingerprints are usually taken or just your index fingers if they already have them. Sign. You'll be given an approximate time for when the passport will be ready. Depending on the Questura, you might need to book an appointment. You can opt to have your passport delivered. Don't do it. You'll only end up queueing at the post office instead of the questura.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 4:06 pm

But, but ------ can't we all just rock up at Victoria or turn up at the Questura?
Old Oct 8th 2021, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Having ID, a SIM and a spid doesnt make you an Italian citizen, which is what you need to be to get a passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.