Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian men and transvestites

Italian men and transvestites

Old Jul 5th 2011, 10:32 am
Just Joined

suncycle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian men and transvestites

Maybe a slightly mischievous question, but I'm kind of intrigued.

I have the sort of impression that a fair few Italian men are attracted to them, probably way more than in the average country.

I well remember wandering around near Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome (with my female partner I stress) a few years ago and gradually becoming aware that the area seemed to be some sort of cruising/pick up spot.

Also (though I don't think there's a so-called scandal story at the moment) I well remember being in Italy a while ago and the transvestite thing seemed to be so common that the Italians had just shortened the word/made "trans" a noun in order to save their breath.

So, any truth in this vague impression, and if so any theories as to why it might be?
Old Jul 5th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian men and transvestites

Trans is the get out of jail free card....
If you go with a transvestite you are not gay because you're not being rogered by a butch bloke, and you are not cheating on your wife with another woman... so all is well with your faith and morality
Old Jul 5th 2011, 11:59 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! Sorted, did you get any contact details then?
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

1st thing i do when I get home is always rip my wifes knickers off............They are so tight they hurt me

Whats wrong with wearing womens clothes Am I missing something;
Old Jul 5th 2011, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by modicasa
Trans is the get out of jail free card....
If you go with a transvestite you are not gay because you're not being rogered by a butch bloke, and you are not cheating on your wife with another woman... so all is well with your faith and morality
well my vote so far is with this theory, unless anyone else has any more insights into Italian men.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

I find that in most aspects of life, where English people have a very clear cut, black or white view of things, Italians tend to see the grey area inbetween. Everything is ambiguous, everything is negotiable. (In some contexts this is a positive thing, in others not). I have a few gay friends here, including one who lived in England for a few years. He tells me that this ambiguity also applies to sexual orientation, and that straight Italian men are far more willing/curious to experiment with gay sex than straight English men. His theory is that English men are far more interested in the female sexual organ whereas for Italian men it's all about their penis and their own sexual gratification (!). He also says that when he goes out "cruising" here, the vast majority of men he has sex with are married. I'll have to ask him his views on transvestites.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:29 am
Just Joined

thanks for that - I'd never have thought of that - do get back to us with more insights from your friend. The married men thing is interesting, though I suppose your friend might be selecting his partners based on some conscious or subconscious filtering of his own. Otherwise, one wonders where all the actual pretty much decided gay men are