British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Italian Estate Agents (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/italian-estate-agents-943029/)

Pecora Nera Mar 5th 2022 1:21 pm

Italian Estate Agents

Hi All, long time no see.

Can anyone please tell me how much an Italian estate agent charges for advertising and selling a house? Maybe a percentage...

Thanks

Pecora Nera

Geordieborn Mar 5th 2022 4:34 pm

Re: Italian Estate Agents

It varies, we found in our area most were 3-4% charged to both buyer and seller.... Most had a minimum charge.

Pecora Nera Mar 5th 2022 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Geordieborn (Post 13099273)
It varies, we found in our area most were 3-4% charged to both buyer and seller.... Most had a minimum charge.

Many thanks

modicasa Mar 6th 2022 5:17 am

I charge between 2 and 3% depending on the contract and price. Other agencies in my zone charge 3 or 4. one will charge 6 if he thinks he can get away with it. It will be % plus IVA - unless it is explicitly stated. Most agencies have a minimum charge.

philat98 Mar 6th 2022 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by modicasa (Post 13099346)
I charge between 2 and 3% depending on the contract and price. Other agencies in my zone charge 3 or 4. one will charge 6 if he thinks he can get away with it. It will be % plus IVA - unless it is explicitly stated. Most agencies have a minimum charge.

I am surprised you can undercut your competitors. There seem to be lots of price fixing cartels in Italy.

modicasa Mar 7th 2022 4:57 am

Here there's nothing like that - at least not formally. But as most agencies are walking on eggshells as far as their legality, they're not really in a postiion to start kicking up rough with a legal one.....

chris120 Mar 7th 2022 11:04 am

i sold my house in Rome last December, the agency initially asked for 2.5% and i negotiated it down it down to 1.2%, it may be that the sale price is a factor in that the effort involved is similar to sell a €100,000 house as a €1,000,000 house, there is a lot of competition between agencies, once word got around agencies were calling me and even cold calling at the door to get the business, one agency quote a €500 flat rate.

modicasa Mar 7th 2022 11:57 am

500 euros! thats not even 200 euros in his pocket!

chris120 Mar 7th 2022 3:48 pm

i didn't go for the €500 flat rate as i could see that it was too good to be true and therefore probably was etc. didn't trust him really, it took me a year to sell mostly due to COVID lockdowns etc and me being marooned in UK for best part of a year. the old practice of 4% both sides was clearly a rip off as well