Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Citizenship with marriage

Italian Citizenship with marriage

Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:02 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Citizenship with marriage

You might've been breaking the law!
Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
someone in the quiz devising team has a well-developed sense of irony methinks
Mrs Sensible said

Do not pay too much attention to the quiz as it is full of spelling mistakes. Also she disputes question 2 because Italy became a republic in 1946. That is when the kingdom ceased.

She also disbelieves the religion question, she said Mussolini made a pact with the pope regarding the religion and she said to date this has not been renounced , however she said the constitution states that all religions are welcome.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
A bank that gives a helping hand?
Your flexible friend.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:40 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Mrs Sensible said

Do not pay too much attention to the quiz as it is full of spelling mistakes. Also she disputes question 2 because Italy became a republic in 1946. That is when the kingdom ceased.

She also disbelieves the religion question, she said Mussolini made a pact with the pope regarding the religion and she said to date this has not been renounced , however she said the constitution states that all religions are welcome.
I totally agree with Mrs S - those were 2 of the 3 I got wrong

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Jul 31st 2012 at 5:04 pm. Reason: 3rd was woman and the vote I guessed wrongly
Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

When shall I leave? Got so many wrong, but the grammar they use is terrible, this is my result:"
Hai fatto Esame di Cittadinanza. Hai riuscito 15 di 21. Tu risultato e Non e male "
Well I am very tired and they are talking to someone who gives a beeeeep
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

You might've been breaking the law!
Article 24 of the Italian passport law states that Italian citizens who exit Italian territory without "essere muniti di passaporto o di altro documento equipollente" can be punished. However, this can be interpreted as meaning that as long as you have your Italian travel document somewhere, you are ok. Also, from what I've heard, it seems that for the purpose of this law, these days the EU doesn't count as "estero".
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:44 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Your flexible friend.
Where the customer comes first...
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:22 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marocco
That's not true, actually. I have used my British passport to enter Italy a few times, never had any problems, despite my Italian name and place of birth.
Sorry, it is true. As confirmed by the British consul of Milan in writing when I queried it. And just because you've never been stopped, doesn't make it untrue! I've never been stopped since either. When you have dual nationality the law of the country you are in prevails. Hence the need to use an Italian one. Just having an Italian Passport or I.D. on you isn't enough. I think it was Prodi's government that clarified things. And stating that another EU country is not 'estero' is sorry, just plain laughable.

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Mrs Sensible said

I got them all right! That alarmed me, but in my defence, I not well at the moment. Pecora. Catholicism ceased to be state religion in about 1984 with the Patti Lateranensi/concordato.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Where the customer comes first...
and any minute now he changes his avatar into that horse from Lloyds .......
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:13 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
and any minute now he changes his avatar into that horse from Lloyds .......
Don't encourage him. He already thinks he's some kind of stud or stallion.
Bet he has a t-shirt with "I'm better than an Italian Stallion - I'm an English stud" written on it.

And if he doesn't already have one - he's getting one printed tomorrow
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:14 am
Pull my finger

The Man The Legend