Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Citizenship with marriage

Italian Citizenship with marriage

Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:02 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Citizenship with marriage

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Why was he stopped if he had a Brit passport? because he "looks Italian"? Has an "Italian" name?
Perhaps I've missed something here (again)..
Got caught like this too at Milan and I def don't have an Italian name, but my passport had been issued by one of the consulates so they must have seen the stamp. By law, an Italian citizen must use his Italian doc to enter and exit Italy.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:46 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Or your daughter could fall in love with a Brit and even if she gives birth here, the kids would get British citizenship from their father.
Not sure how mamy eligible British males live here though. There aren't any where I live.
I donate sperm
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:38 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
I donate sperm
You're incorrigible not eligible !!!
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:00 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problems getting it up thank you!
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

http://esamedicittadinanza.com/

I got 2 wrong !
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

cuti is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Engliano
In reply to the OP's topic and trying to get the thread back on track.....

I think its a bit daft comining onto a BRITISH expats forum and asking how to get an Italian passport !?

For one, 99.9 % of us here are british and have at least a UK passport which entitles us to just about move anywhere in the EU we want, plus other benefits, Benefits Italians just dont have or get. So who on here would rather have Italian citizenship than British may i ask ?

Secondly, to the OP, i think your question would be best posted in an Asian forum that spezialize in how to quickly sneak people in through the back door. Theres plenty of them too, seen as half of india, pakistan,africa and china are killing each other to get ANY kind of EU passport/citizenship. They will for sure know all the legal loopholes we dont. Just ask the UK Borderforce !
Sorry guys I just got back. (OP)
First, I would like to answer to Engliano. I am not a person who is trying to sneak people in through the back door as you think. As Lorna said I’v been married to an Italian for about 5 years. (Thanks Lorna) My father-in-low stresses me to go for the Italian citizenship about 2years ago, when I got the eligibility. (We were in England at that time). The reason I am here is I always admire British people. I like to be around with them as they are clam, very polite etc… I still find difficult to adapt to Italy, be around with them including my husband. (I have not seen him speaking Italian before. Well occasionally) it sounds very rude when they talk loudly.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

cuti is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by aledeniz
My wife applied 2 years ago, she got the code to check its status (codice k) in their website 15 months later (only because I went to ask it in person, and produced at their request a handwritten request for them to grant me the favour), and as far as I know, the application is still in stage #1 (which means: they have got it) of 10.

When I went to ask the codice k, they told me verbatim: "you shouldn't worry before 2 and half year, if you haven't got news after that, come back here".

To apply, I collected documents in 3 different countries, I had everything translated, notarised, legalised and apostilled, and I have spent in excess of £2,500 all in all, included around 200 Eur for the application itself.

I use "I" because my wife wasn't entirely convinced she would have liked to become a citizen of a country like the Italian Republic, it has been mostly my project and I had an hard time to convince her, but I did it because while I sympathize with her feelings, she is a visa national, which means every time we go to Italy (or travel around Europe), she has to have a valid Schengen visa, and it seems than more the years we have been married, harder becomes to get such a visa from the Italian consulates (and seeing the amount of Italian visa stamps in her passports, other EU countries consulates always give us the stock answer: "why you don't go to the Italian consulate"), and I have grown into not wishing to see a consulate anymore in my life.

The above said about the timeline, I did find out that there are people claiming that if you start to bombard them with letters they have been able to get their spouses citizenship in less than 2 years.

Those letters must be the "Raccomandata" or PEC type, in some specific format recommended in another forum for foreigners living in the Italian Republic (being new in here, I don't know if I can post a link to that, I don't have any personal interest on it, I actually don't remember about even being a member there, but, although it is in Italian language only as far as I know, I understand it could be constructed as advertising the competition ).

As I am quite sick of waiting and confirming all the worst stereotypes my wife has already got of the Italian bureaucracy, I am probably going to try out that approach soon.
aledeniz, thanks for your reply. I was looking forward to hear something like this. According to my research, Yes, you are right. They have to give an answer within 730 days. I was wondering is anybody received it before the period!
Could you please keep update the current situation of your wife’s application. Are you in somewhere in Tuscany?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:16 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Damn 3 wrong - I fell for trick question on religion
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
yup me too! 4 wrong .. no use me applying then!

But what about..."L’economia italiana è fortemente orientata verso..." .. "Il settore dei servizi"!?!??!

Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Had a go and I got 2 wrong as well. The questions on religion and women's votes. Would love to see a modern teen school leaver have a go. I don't see the relevance of most of the questions to suitability for citizenship though. I would have thought it would be more pertinent to know e.g. the various police forces,
what is the function of the Sindaco and il Comune, the function of Senato and Camera dei Deputati (I probably couldn't answer that); and who are Carlo Conti and Gerry Scotti.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:32 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
yup me too! 4 wrong .. no use me applying then!

But what about..."L’economia italiana è fortemente orientata verso..." .. "Il settore dei servizi"!?!??!

someone in the quiz devising team has a well-developed sense of irony methinks
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike

Hang on a minute.. It is in Italian I demand a translation. I bet the UK quiz is in Urdu
Old Jul 31st 2012, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by duffer
I donate sperm
Should've posted in 'Best bank' thread??
Old Jul 31st 2012, 3:53 pm
Pull my finger

A bank that gives a helping hand?

BTW I got 10 wrong therefore I should apply for a position in local government.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Got caught like this too at Milan and I def don't have an Italian name, but my passport had been issued by one of the consulates so they must have seen the stamp. By law, an Italian citizen must use his Italian doc to enter and exit Italy.
That's not true, actually. I have used my British passport to enter Italy a few times, never had any problems, despite my Italian name and place of birth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.