Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Citizenship

Italian Citizenship

Old Feb 12th 2018, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ruby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Citizenship

Originally Posted by Kevin_P
Thanks Ruby2, very helpful. I'm thinking through the advantages of taking up residency either pre Brexit (29 March 2019) or post Brexit date, i.e. the difference between my application as an EU member or, if after March 2019, the likelihood that UK citizens will be treated the same as other non EU members. Do you know that if through either route, I would be able to pay to join the SSN (Italian Healthcare system)? thanks again
This is some information about voluntary registration with the SSN and how much the fee would be, based on your income. The leaflet is provided by the Health Service in the Veneto but you may be able to track down something equivalent in your area.
https://www.ulss.tv.it/documents/101...60?version=1.0
Hope that helps.
As for pre-Brexit versus post-Brexit, who knows!
Old Feb 27th 2018, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Hello everyone - haven't been round these parts for ages.

But just wanted to inform that I too am applying for Ital. citizenship and now have just about everything ready 8I think, I hope..9. just need to fork out to 200 euros + bollo and upload everything.

PS was so pleased the other day to have to queue up at the post office for the bollettino, with a Chinese lady in front of me and an Albanian family behind. Made me feel like an extra-comunitario already.
Old May 17th 2018, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Caprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really nice

Ciao tutti. I've worked my way through the application form for myself and my husband and I've got a bit stumped on page 6 - Titolo di Soggiorno. I've picked the EU citizen option but then further down its asking Per motivi di There's no dropdown to give me a clue. For reasons of....could this be resident for x amount of years? Any opinions would be welcome
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

foolmarks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caprihana
Ciao tutti. I've worked my way through the application form for myself and my husband and I've got a bit stumped on page 6 - Titolo di Soggiorno. I've picked the EU citizen option but then further down its asking Per motivi di There's no dropdown to give me a clue. For reasons of....could this be resident for x amount of years? Any opinions would be welcome
Hi Caprihana - did you ever work this out? I can't for the life of me understand what to put in the "Per motivi di" box and in the Numero del Permesso box as my Attestazione di Soggiorno Permanente has no number.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Caprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really nice

Originally Posted by foolmarks
Hi Caprihana - did you ever work this out? I can't for the life of me understand what to put in the "Per motivi di" box and in the Numero del Permesso box as my Attestazione di Soggiorno Permanente has no number.
For the 'Motivi di' (for what reason did you come to Italy) someone on another forum told to put for work, which is not exactly true as I lived here for a few years before working, but I think I'm going to put for work/a better life. As for the Numero box I'm sure that the box was greyed out, I assumed this was because they know there isn't a number.

I have a few niggling doubts about whether I've completed things properly (especially when it comes the dates for our tax returns) but from what I've read when you go for you 'interview' they can correct ay mistakes......fingers crossed!