Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Irish passport application mailing options

Irish passport application mailing options

Old Jun 29th 2021, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Johnbologna63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish passport application mailing options

I'm in the process of applying for an Irish passport so have to send all my paperwork and certificates off to Dublin. The passport office has a PO Box number so my mailing options are limited. I wanted to track the letter and was going to send it raccomandata. But that's a sign for option and of course being a PO Box there would be no one on the receiving end to sign for it. Could someone give me some suggestions as to what I should do? I think the raccomandata was the only tracking option. I contacted the Irish consulate in Rome yesterday morning and the lady said that she would have to consult with her supervisor as to how I should proceed. So far I've heard nothing. Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Irish passport application mailing options

You can apply online to the Irish Embassy in Roma, I’m not sure why you were not told this when you spoke to them.
There are 2 options; the full passport or a simple card similar to the Carta d’Identita. I’m hoping this link works
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/ita...or-a-passport/
Based on my one experience with them they were brilliant. Hoping you have the same experience.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response. My application is an online application but because it is a first Irish passport application, I have to submit the relevant documents to the passport office in Dublin. Thanks again
Old Jul 5th 2021, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, I misunderstood - never that simple is it....
I've spoken to the lady I have found really helpful in the past and asked if you could post the documents to her (in Rome) and for her to forward using the embassy internal post - afraid not. I hope you work it out. She did suggest you speak to the helpdesk explaining the posting challenges and see if they can offer another address.
Good luck with it.

Old Jul 5th 2021, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much. I ended phoning the passport office in Dublin and they suggested I mail it direct to family in Ireland who can then post it on to the office. Thanks again.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 4:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnbologna63
Thanks so much. I ended phoning the passport office in Dublin and they suggested I mail it direct to family in Ireland who can then post it on to the office. Thanks again.

Do you mind me asking what you are sending as proof of address and proof of name? I'm presuming that they don't expect things like bank statements and gas bills to be translated into English? I've been here so long that apart from my British passport, I don't have any English documents. My Italian driving license used to have my address on it but I had to renew that in June and the new ones don't have addresses on them any more.
Old Jul 7th 2021, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Do you mind me asking what you are sending as proof of address and proof of name? I'm presuming that they don't expect things like bank statements and gas bills to be translated into English? I've been here so long that apart from my British passport, I don't have any English documents. My Italian driving license used to have my address on it but I had to renew that in June and the new ones don't have addresses on them any more.
I'm a UK resident so sent them my Tax self assessment form. You can always contact the Consulate in Rome. They will be able to help you.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 6:44 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnbologna63
I'm a UK resident so sent them my Tax self assessment form. You can always contact the Consulate in Rome. They will be able to help you.
Thanks x