Irish Passport

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Irish Passport

Hello everyone,

I have previously been resident in Italy on my UK passport and have a UK-related CF, however, since then I have moved back to Italy but would intend to do the residency using my Irish passport due to Brexit. As I have been resident in the commune before on a UK passport, have a UK CF and a UK driving licence, am I likely to have problems doing this? I would presume that if I wanted I could have my nationality as Irish on my Identity Card and other documents?

Thanks!
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Passport

When you say " UK-related CF " are you talking Codice Fiscale, if you are, then it should make no difference if you give your correct place of birth at the time of getting it.The UK driving licence is a different matter. Modi posted yesterday pointing to advice to get it converted before 29th March 2019, else you may be looking at doing your test again in Italy...
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Irish Passport

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
When you say " UK-related CF " are you talking Codice Fiscale, if you are, then it should make no difference if you give your correct place of birth at the time of getting it.The UK driving licence is a different matter. Modi posted yesterday pointing to advice to get it converted before 29th March 2019, else you may be looking at doing your test again in Italy...
yes I mean the Codice Fiscale. Thanks for pointing that out, I am going to make that a priority.