Reload this Page >

International Business Payments to Italy as Freelancer

International Business Payments to Italy as Freelancer

Old Oct 9th 2020, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Business Payments to Italy as Freelancer

Hello,
From my experience as a freelancer, there are usually no fees levied onto the recipients' final amount received when doing international business transfer from UK to Italy due to SEPA, is this right?
Cheers
Old Oct 10th 2020, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Listen Very Carefully is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Business Payments to Italy as Freelancer

Yes generally however if the payment has been routed through a third party non EU bank for some reason eg the company paying you is American and have used a US based bank then there will be fees A little while back some civil service pensions were being paid internationally via Western Union who started using their US subsidiary which resulted in a lot of teeth gnashing and angst
If your account is a business account or is a non resident account the situation may be different Italian banks have a labyrinthine sets of charges and there is also at least when I lived in Italy a "bollo" to be paid on every bank account so you need to check the wording on the reduction
Of course Brexit may change this
Old Oct 10th 2020, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Great thanks a lot, this is coming from the UK. I think post-Brexit it depends on whether or not the UK remains part of SEPA or not.

thanks
Old Oct 12th 2020, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

As a freelancer who has worked in Britain & Italy and had international payments going both ways, I've never been charged fees. You do, of course, always get stung by the exchange rate but you just have to factor that in to your pricing.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
As a freelancer who has worked in Britain & Italy and had international payments going both ways, I've never been charged fees. You do, of course, always get stung by the exchange rate but you just have to factor that in to your pricing.
came through without charges, I charge Uk companies in Euros