Insurance

Old Aug 8th 2021, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb Insurance

Dear All, I’m looking for both motorbike and car insurance but not getting anywhere. I’ve tried the big name websites but none of them even recognise the number plates……. Has anybody got any website addresses, brokers etc who might be able to help. Ideally in english as my italian is very much at ‘beginner’ stage….. Than is in advance
Old Aug 8th 2021, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance

Does the ACI here recognise the reg(Targa)? If not I would pop to your local ACI if you can. Daft I know, but if I remember correctly you need to input the targa without spaces.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Does the ACI here recognise the reg(Targa)? If not I would pop to your local ACI if you can. Daft I know, but if I remember correctly you need to input the targa without spaces.
Thanks Geordieborn - the ACI system recognised both bike registrations which is a good start. The garage is in the process of changing ownership details but the chap there said if we insert the targa into the various insurance company websites that would be fine. I tried entering both without spaces - still no joy. Any other ideas - insurance company recommendation…..?
Old Aug 8th 2021, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

What about these. https://www.prima.it/

Last edited by philat98; Aug 8th 2021 at 3:34 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98
What about these. https://www.prima.it/
Thanks so much, I entered the targa and then DoB and the system said the DoB did not match - so it looks like we need to have the bikes re-registered in our names before we can use that system. While that makes some sense it’s hard to imagine we can not get a quote prior to having the ownership changed…….
Old Aug 9th 2021, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamo
Thanks so much, I entered the targa and then DoB and the system said the DoB did not match - so it looks like we need to have the bikes re-registered in our names before we can use that system. While that makes some sense it’s hard to imagine we can not get a quote prior to having the ownership changed…….
My partner uses this company for a Vespa.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Accetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond repute

Facile.it is one of the most popular insurance comparison websites in Italy.
The two biggest companies are AXA and Sara, they will have a shop near you wherever you live, but are expensive. We have not experienced good service from our local branch of Sara, but that may well be due to the incompetence of the individual that we dealt with.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

best places to get quotes are facile.it or segugio.it. If the vehicles are not in your name yet you will get to a point where it says do you own the car (l'auto e' di tua propieta')? select No - devo ancora acquistarla you should have no problem getting a quote.

Another option is ConTe which is the Italian branch of Admiral
Old Aug 10th 2021, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Can you not get a quote based on putting in the vehicle type, even without the targa? Obviously you couldn't proceed with it until the vehicle was registered in your name but it would at least give you an idea of the cost.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Accetturese
Facile.it is one of the most popular insurance comparison websites in Italy.
The two biggest companies are AXA and Sara, they will have a shop near you wherever you live, but are expensive. We have not experienced good service from our local branch of Sara, but that may well be due to the incompetence of the individual that we dealt with.
Fantastic thank you, I will try Facile.it - I received a quote of over 700 for the min insurance cover for the bike via AXA - it’s only a 390……..
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung
Can you not get a quote based on putting in the vehicle type, even without the targa? Obviously you couldn't proceed with it until the vehicle was registered in your name but it would at least give you an idea of the cost.
That’s what I thought, I’ve got a few more to try now so hopefully.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clint
best places to get quotes are facile.it or segugio.it. If the vehicles are not in your name yet you will get to a point where it says do you own the car (l'auto e' di tua propieta')? select No - devo ancora acquistarla you should have no problem getting a quote.

Another option is ConTe which is the Italian branch of Admiral
Brilliant thanks so much. You are all so great
Old Aug 17th 2021, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Id avoid facile and segugio - they are businesses which are under investigation for anticompetitive business. Go directly to the websites of the insurance brokers.
Try Quixa, Genertel, or even Directline - you dont have to put in the targa if you can put in the make and model. On Genertel for example theres an option - Non hai la targa? and clicking that you can circumvent your problem.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by modicasa
Id avoid facile and segugio - they are businesses which are under investigation for anticompetitive business. Go directly to the websites of the insurance brokers.
Try Quixa, Genertel, or even Directline - you dont have to put in the targa if you can put in the make and model. On Genertel for example theres an option - Non hai la targa? and clicking that you can circumvent your problem.
Oh wow thanks modicasa, I’ll have a look at those you suggest
Old Aug 18th 2021, 5:49 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow thanks modicasa, I’ll have a look at those you suggest
My son's motorbike is insured with ITAS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.