Information Required - The Residence dei Cavalleggeri

Wikiposts

Information Required - The Residence dei Cavalleggeri

Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

sashasdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Information Required - The Residence dei Cavalleggeri

Hello to all, can anyone help?

I have some friends interested in vacationing at the above residence. I have found the website and it is somewhat useful.

However I am interested to find out if anyone has stayed in this area of Tuscany and their views on it, places to visit and the general life around the area.

Although I have been to Tuscany around the Sienna/Cortona region this is a new one on me.

Kindest regards
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:36 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information Required - The Residence dei Cavalleggeri

I've been to Marina di Bibbona which is a little further north up the coast. Only stayed a few days with friends, so I don't know how much real help I can be. I get the impression people go here if they don't want the busier resorts of Viareggio and Forte north of Pisa. It is more laid back down here - having said that you go further south toward piombino and around the bay to punta ala and the prices start to shoot up again as there is a lot of golf and sailing going on around there. So I guess it depends what your friends want. They can also do trips out to Elba from Piombino, and they are close to the Maremma National Park where the buffalo still roam free. It's also estrucan and spa country down there. Probably not a noisy, night life holiday, but if they want peace and quiet plus some of the above, not so bad. Hth.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Information Required - The Residence dei Cavalleggeri

We had a holiday in this area a few years ago and loved it As testarossa says it's perfect if you want a quiet, laid back holiday, there is not much in the way of nightlife! There are some lovely beaches nearby such as Baratti and some lovely little towns inland which are perfect for evening strolls and dinner. A car is a must for getting around though as public transport is pretty sporadic. Gets really busy in August though like all Italian coastal resorts.