Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Import tax on items purchased from UK.

Import tax on items purchased from UK.

Old Jan 2nd 2021, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Import tax on items purchased from UK.

I notice that Amazon have introduced 10% import tax for items from the UK. The tax goes to the courier and may be returned.
I suppose it is the same for all online purchases from the UK. Not good news for Uk online vendors.

Last edited by philat98; Jan 2nd 2021 at 7:10 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Import tax on items purchased from UK.

B#gger
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny Gove said that the only difference would be more red tape for UK exporters.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Gbinitaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by philat98 View Post
I notice that Amazon have introduced 10% import tax for items from the UK. The tax goes to the courier and may be returned.
I suppose it is the same for all online purchases from the UK. Not good news for Uk online vendors.
Is this on top of VAT?
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

we have received this from parcel2go

As you are probably aware the UK has now left the EU. So, what does this mean for your parcel deliveries?

There will be changes to how parcels are sent to Europe and we’ve made it as easy as possible to help you comply with the added information needed when sending a parcel.

You need to be aware of the following changes when sending a parcel to Europe:
  • VAT – From January 1st, customers booking services through Parcel2Go will no longer need to pay VAT on their transaction.
  • Tariff Codes – Such as Harmonised System (HS) or Commodity Codes are now required to help custom officials identify goods when going through EU borders. Within the Parcel2Go order process you will now need to complete an additional straightforward step.
  • Customs Clearance – Rules surrounding customs clearance will change, meaning goods passing from the UK to the EU (and vice versa) will be treated as imports and exports. Specific documentation will need to be provided to clear customs borders which will be provided by Parcel2Go.

https://www.parcel2go.com/brexit?utm...ntent=Main%202
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 2:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98 View Post
I believe that Amazon UK are no longer shipping to places in the EU, so you will have to order from Amazon.it, and again Amazon Prime from the UK will not be available, you will have to get that from the Italian site. This is based on the fact that this has happened to people in Spain.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Just as an aside, I would often check the Amazon French and/or German site as they are cheaper now and then.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wouldnt be surprised if Amazon open a warehouse in Northern Ireland. They are still within the EU trading area.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn View Post
Just as an aside, I would often check the Amazon French and/or German site as they are cheaper now and then.
and Spain - I usually check them all.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

MigsAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Would the import tax also apply to moving furniture to Italy from the UK?
I suppose it would....but want to check to be sure.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I believe that Amazon UK are no longer shipping to places in the EU, so you will have to order from Amazon.it, and again Amazon Prime from the UK will not be available, you will have to get that from the Italian site. This is based on the fact that this has happened to people in Spain.
Amazon was in contact with it's UK sellers all last year including suggesting to them to move stuff into warehousing in the Eu and sell on EU sites , You should check if the item you want is avaialble fron the DE or IT or Nl sites
Old Nov 25th 2021, 11:52 am
Just Joined

SY108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has any one recently placed orders online from UK or Outside Europe and had to pay import duty?
Is there a criteria or threshold which triggers the Duty limit known to anyone for Italy?

Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I think Modicasa give a good explanation of the situation in this recent post here on the forum.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

My recent experience shows this. To send a box via UPS with a value of 400 euros, cost me £156. It arrived and I paid 242 euros customs and excise. So the same to send as the value. It would be cheaper to buy air tickets for someone and pay for the suitcase.
As regards Amazon/Ebay I dont know how it works. I just bought a cable for £2.50 (weighs 100gr) which would cost £23.40 to send from UK to Italy. They seem totally arbitrary figures.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by modicasa View Post
My recent experience shows this. To send a box via UPS with a value of 400 euros, cost me £156. It arrived and I paid 242 euros customs and excise. So the same to send as the value. It would be cheaper to buy air tickets for someone and pay for the suitcase.
As regards Amazon/Ebay I dont know how it works. I just bought a cable for £2.50 (weighs 100gr) which would cost £23.40 to send from UK to Italy. They seem totally arbitrary figures.
I bought some stuff from Pakistan. I asked the seller sbout import tax. They said no worries we always put a lower value on the declaration. Ebay sellers in China do the same thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.