Reload this Page >

how to watch UK TV online

how to watch UK TV online

Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

gromits will become famous soon enoughgromits will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how to watch UK TV online

Originally Posted by selinuntina
Sorry but Italian TV is rubbish ! I watched it for 3 years before we got sky. The worst is the half naked girls parading about on chat / quiz shows, for what reason ??
Italian TV is not rubbish but only a different type of TV from what you are used to in UK. They do have fine docs and dramas however because most of you don't speak Italian you don't watch it and switch to 'Bimbo TV' as I call it as it's easy to follow. If you don't like it go back to the UK and watch your soaps. We moved here for a different life not to bring it all with you !!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gromits
Italian TV is not rubbish but only a different type of TV from what you are used to in UK. They do have fine docs and dramas however because most of you don't speak Italian you don't watch it and switch to 'Bimbo TV' as I call it as it's easy to follow. If you don't like it go back to the UK and watch your soaps. We moved here for a different life not to bring it all with you !!!!!
I speak perfect Italian thank you but still find the TV 99% rubbish.
You are right though that the documentries are good, especially the Mafia docs.
I didn't move here for a different life, I moved here for love
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

gromits will become famous soon enoughgromits will become famous soon enough

You know they say 'Love is Blind'.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

You know they say 'Love is Blind'.

Actually thinking now, we do watch sky mostly in Italian.
I'm curious to know your favourite Italian programme ?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:38 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I speak Italian and my wife is Italian. We consider Italian TV rubbish. Whenever we have Italian friends over and UK TV is on - they ALL say how good it is and how rubbish Italian TV is and they ALL want to know how they can get it in their homes.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:04 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

But surely there is more to moving to Italy than TV? Why would we move back to the UK just because we don't like the TV?! It's not really in the same league as living here and hating the food, the people, the weather, the culture, is it? And yes, I know the TV is part of the culture, but why do we have to like and appreciate every part of it to be able to live here?! I don't agree with eating song birds or bundling kids up even though it is in the 70's, should I go home because of that too! And BTW, just because I don't like Italian TV, please don't assume I only watch soaps - in fact I NEVER watch soaps. What is wrong with taking the best from ALL cultures? Aren't we lucky we can?!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:15 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Good post.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:54 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the best documentaries on Italian tv have originally come from the BBC or the National Geographic.
My Italian is also word perfect and my kids are growing up bilingual. I am basically the only English input they have on a daily basis so the opportunity to watch television in English is a help to their learning and not a hinderance.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

I think That English TV is important Not very important but important as i want my son to see English TV as part of our Culture The programs the news ECT. We must never forget where we are from and nor must they. Even if some are born here...
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:20 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Both my kids have been born here and I could not raise my hand in front of a judge and say "your honour - they are 100% Italian".

I don't like to think of them that way because it would feel like diminishing my upbringing and indeed the whole of my family that live in the UK.

Even if my kids grow up to be more Italian - 'they do live here after all' - I want them to know about my life and England and Yorkshire puddings and fish and chips and bowling and the pub and Sunday roasts and gravy etc etc.

They are learning so much just by going back once or twice a year and one of their favourite foods is Yorkshire Puddings. All of my family is in England and it would be a shame if my kids and my family could not communicate and just speak to each other.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly I just wanted to say Hear hear Lorna - your comments are spot on. Bringing up children here is great, mine are also bilingual - but I also dont want them to forget their English background and everything that goes with that. It would be like wiping away who you are.
As for TV - well OH called me the other day cos there was a good programme on La7 (one of the decent channels) and when I saw it I just laughed ......I know it was a bit mean but it was Bruce Parry and his Tribe documentaries that I'd seen a few months before on the BBC ! Most quality TV does not originate from Italy. I have a french neighbour and she thinks the same, so its not just us English being all uppity
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:46 pm

humbsup::t humbsup::t humbsup:
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
humbsup::t humbsup::t humbsup:
I've seen those, both on the discovery channel and another, I thought he was brilliant. I thought the programme was brilliant. In four of five years time it may even become a programme on Italian tv...... but with lots of half naked gilrs advertising the adverts !!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Have you seen the two versions of the BBC programme featuring Francesco Whatisname about Italy? In the English version you often see him looking longingly into the distance. In the Italian version (he speaks both) he is looking longingly into the distance, accessorised with a cigarette.

Speaking of soaps, the only one I sometimes watch is "Un Posto Al Sole" for a spot of listening practice.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
but with lots of half naked gilrs advertising the adverts !!!!

That's what i love about Italian TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.