Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Near Ciampinio Airport

Wikiposts

Hotel Near Ciampinio Airport

Old Dec 7th 2012, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough
Default Hotel Near Ciampinio Airport

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend an Hotel that is within easy walking distance of Ciampino Airport?

I have a flight in the new year that is very early and would like to walk straight in if possible without bothering with shuttle buses.

Thanks In Advance
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel Near Ciampinio Airport

I drove in front of the gates yesterday going to the garden centre opposite Ciampino. I have never ever seen a hotel near it. If you walk out of it, you will walk into Via Fioranello in the middle of fields with grazing sheep.
However, the map says there are a few hotels around:

http://www.booking.com/place/it90003...f65f398;dcid=1

The nearest one is 1.2km to the hotel.I hope there are pavements to walk, I am not familiar with the town of Ciampino itelf. Frascati and Grottaferrata are nice towns with lovely hotels if you decide to take a taxi.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
I drove in front of the gates yesterday going to the garden centre opposite Ciampino. I have never ever seen a hotel near it. If you walk out of it, you will walk into Via Fioranello in the middle of fields with grazing sheep.
However, the map says there are a few hotels around:

http://www.booking.com/place/it90003...f65f398;dcid=1

The nearest one is 1.2km to the hotel.I hope there are pavements to walk, I am not familiar with the town of Ciampino itelf. Frascati and Grottaferrata are nice towns with lovely hotels if you decide to take a taxi.
Since Ciampino is also a military airport, the layout of its perimeter area is such that you can't really find anywhere within easy walking distance. You would find the nearest hotel is the motel type Palacavichi. It is fine for a one night stay, and the food is good. The hotel's own shuttle bus takes literally two minutes to get you round to departures.
Buon viaggio.
'o nonno
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
Since Ciampino is also a military airport, the layout of its perimeter area is such that you can't really find anywhere within easy walking distance. You would find the nearest hotel is the motel type Palacavichi. It is fine for a one night stay, and the food is good. The hotel's own shuttle bus takes literally two minutes to get you round to departures.
Buon viaggio.
'o nonno
Palacavichi is is on Viale Kenedi, next to Looneys, so again not really close to walk. As you say, a shuttle bus is the only option.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

I stopped their last year in an hotel but we had the car and left it in the long stay CP and the shuttle bus was easy.

Just checked and fortunately the flight time has changed to 9.45am where as before it was 6.00am so it should be easier to get the shuttle from the hotel now.

I might actually stop in the city centre now.