British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Home insurance - seismic cover (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/home-insurance-seismic-cover-936499/)

orsetta Jan 10th 2021 3:10 pm

Home insurance - seismic cover

Hi, can anyone let me know if they have seismic cover and what Italian insurance company you use - as currently use Intasure for home cover but they no longer provide for seismic cover. Had a few rumbles of late and want to get this added. I will also ask people I know in the village if they have it. Many thanks.

heritagestanley Jan 10th 2021 3:50 pm

Re: Home insurance - seismic cover

We use SARA, who cover earthquakes but not landslides - which are more of a worry. I've not so far found a company that does both

tooboocoo Jan 10th 2021 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by heritagestanley (Post 12956702)
We use SARA, who cover earthquakes but not landslides - which are more of a worry. I've not so far found a company that does both

Hi, could you please expand on 'SARA'? This could be very useful to me.
Thank you in advance!

heritagestanley Jan 10th 2021 8:19 pm

The insurance company is called Sara. See www.sara.it

modicasa Jan 11th 2021 5:18 am

I use Genertel - the online version of Generali.

scrubbedexpat077 Jan 11th 2021 9:33 am

If I am not wrong Sara is, or used to be, owned by ACI (Automobile Club d'Italia - Sito ufficiale), or maybe the other way round.

orsetta Jan 11th 2021 10:11 am

I think that SARA is the insurance sidekick of ACI. I will check with both Genertel and SARA. Landslides not a worry here just earthquakes. Thanks all.

Isakat Jan 20th 2021 1:01 pm

We have 2 policies with Generali. One is for the usual stuff such as fire, burglary.......etc, the second one is a separate one for earthquake cover. I am not sure if Generali provides this cover combined with new policies. We took it from another insurer many years ago which were then bought by them.

Accetturese Jan 25th 2021 7:20 am

We asked about buildings cover and were told that yes, you can buy it but it was not worth anything because it rarely paid out if you claimed. My brother-in-law could not think of anyone that had it.
We had our brand new car Insured with Sara. We told the woman in the office that we wanted to be covered for absolutely everything. We tried to claim when the car was written off in an accident and were told "You weren't covered, sorry"
I am putting a few hundred € per year into a savings account, for any building repairs. Our house survived the last earthquake in these parts- back in the 60s - hoping the next one is not worse.

Isakat Jan 25th 2021 7:36 am

Accetturese, if you had a full Kasko cover, not Kasko collisione, then they should pay. A full Kasko cover is very expensive and it is only available on new/cars up to a certain age.